Chapter 4

" Come to me". 

I kept hearing it over and over again. 

" Come to me", " Wake up ". 

My eyes shot open. I looked around before moving. I slowly sat up, my back tense and cracking as I moved. 

" You are awake... ", a soft voice whispered.

 I jerked my head trying to find the source of the voice, but the room was empty. Or so I thought, " I'm here ". 

Then just like that, the same Jager I've been dreaming of is standing right infront of me. I staggered back a bit. 

" Don't be scared little human, no harm will come to you ", he whispered again. 

I just stared at him, watching his every move. I observed everything about him, from the way he walked to the way he spoke. The Jagers were super tall, something almost impossible, but this Jagger was a bit taller than the rest and a little bit more built. 

The stone on his chest caught my attention. He caught me staring, " It seems you have my Nilam".

 I looked up at his eyes again with confusion written on my face. His voice always whispers, " The pendant around your neck belongs to me. See? ", he said pointing to the stone on his chest. 

The same stone around my neck matches. My voice came back when I replied, " I try to give it back... but... ".

 My words were cut when he took a step forward reaching for it. Except he didn't take it. He held it and it started shining at the same time his chest did.

 " What does it do? ", I asked timidly.

 He looked me in the eyes as if trying to read my mind. He let the pendant go, turned and walked out the door leaving it wide open. I hesitated before I walked slowly the same direction he went. I poked my head out through the door and froze. So many Jagers, I was terrified. Where was I? Where was Nyx and the others? Were they alive? Was Dice hurt? How long was I out? I had so many questions. Sensing my fear the Jager with the electric blue eyes spun to look at me. 

" Come with me ", as he offered me a hand. 

I looked down at his hand and then back up at his eyes. He saw my hesitation, " I want to show you something ". 

Why would I trust him? All his kind ever did was bring us human fear, pain and death. I hate the Jagers so much I basically hated them all my life for what they did. I'm guessing he's sensing all my emotions. I ignored his hand and motioned him forward so I could follow him. We walked through the crowd of Jagers silently, all of them staring at me with wide eyes, no emotion on their faces. This was a big camp, if that's what you want to call it. So many Jagers that I have lost count after 150. We made it to a gate where there were two large Jagers standing guard. They made eye contact with the one I was walking with and opened the gate. We walked through the gates and down a little dirt path down a hill. Half way down I froze again, down below not only more Jagers but there were humans. There right there before me little children laughing and running around playing with the Jagers. I didn't understand how this was possible.

 " Creed!! ", a little girl shouted running towards the Jagger that was walking with me.

 He smiled and crouched down to be able to welcome her in a hug. 

" Hey Pop ", he greeted her. 

The little girl was all smiles with no worries that she's hugging a Jager. 

" How was training? ", he asked the little girl.

 " I beat Slate this time ", she responded, grinning widely.