Chapter 7

He kept walking and without looking at me he just mumbled, "He's fine ". 

I kept looking at his face, seeing his jaw clench and unclench. I decided not to say anything else. He brought me to a room, laid me on the bed and left. I stayed in the book looking towards the door he exited, for what felt forever. Did he really just leave me here? A second later he walked back again this time with a female wearing white, guess he just went to get a doctor.

 " Hello Nova ", she greeted me walking towards me looking me over. 

" How are you feeling? What hurts? ". 

" I'm fine, really just a little banged up, you should see the other guy ", I said jokingly, looking towards Creed but I quickly shut up when he didn't smile and just stayed with a frown on his face. 

The doctor noticed it too, " Well, I'm just going to check you up and make sure everything is good okay? I'll be right back ". 

She just smiled and left the room leaving me alone with Creed. 

" I'm sorry ", I whispered first. 

He looked up at me, his jaw clenching again.

 " You shouldn't have left the house Nova ". 

" I wanted to see Lark. I wanted to make sure he was okay ". 

" What do you think would have happened if I didn't make it there on time?... I don't know why, but If something happens to you... ", his voice cracked. 

I grabbed his hand and squeezed it. 

" I'm sorry Creed ", I breathed out.

 I don't know how to feel. His confession opened something in me, it should feel wrong, but it's quite the opposite. He makes me feel things I haven't felt before. We stayed comfortably silent when the doctor came to check on me. After making sure everything was good she allowed me to leave. 

We made it back to Creed's home, " You should go rest. I have a few things I got to do, will have dinner later okay? ". 

Without letting me respond he exited again, leaving me alone. I sat down in the foyer, just staring into space. I completely dozed off after a while. When I woke up the sun was almost setting already. I got up stretching my aching muscles. 

" Creed? ", I called out.

 I was greeted silently, it seems he still hasn't made it home. I decide I'll start making dinner. I made my way to the kitchen and started looking at all the ingredients he had. I decided on something simple, some pasta with pesto sauce. I was finishing making the salad when I heard someone clear their throat. I looked towards the door to see Creed standing there, arms crossed with a small smile. 

" Hey I didn't hear you come in ", I said, putting the bowl down on the table. 

He chuckled and made his way to the table and sat down.

 I sat down in front of him, " This smells and looks amazing ", he complimented. 

" Thank you ", he added. 

He began eating, " So where did you go? ", I asked him. 

" Just a few meetings about the conflict at hand ". 

" You mean the war going on with the humans? ". 

He looked up from his plate, " Nova, is more complicated than you will know ", he said. 

" So then tell me, please. I might be able to help ". 

" I'm human, I might be able to help come up with a solution to end this conflict ".