Chapter 8

After making sure Poppy was asleep I closed her door softly. Hearing footsteps I looked up and saw Creed entering another door at the end of the hall next to his bedroom door. I gently walked towards it and knocked lightly. I heard a come in and walked in to see it's actually an office. Creed sitting behind the desk looking at what seems to be a map. He looked up and motion for me to take a seat. 

" Is poppy asleep? ", he broke the silent. 

" Yes ". 

" Are we going to talk? ", I asked. 

" About? ", he said putting the map down giving me his full attention.

 I sigh, " What are you going to do now? ".

 " I can't do nothing until Echo and the other scouts come back ", he spoke softly. 

" What about finding my parents? ", I asked. 

" Well those are what the scouts are for ", I nodded.

 I wanted to bring up the whole Poppy thing. 

Would he get mad? " Creed?... Poppy um... Poppy said something earlier ", I whispered. 

" What did she say? ", he asked straightening up again. 

" Well she asked if I was going to stay here forever ", I paused to look at his reaction, but nothing so I continued, " But I just told her that I will be here for her whenever she needed me ", I told him.

 " That's nice of you ", he said picking up the map again. 

That's it? He wasn't going to say anything else? " She also called you daddy... ", I said making him freeze and snap his head towards me with wide eyes. 

" What? ". 

" I mean well she said she looks at you like a father figured and... that she said that if I stayed here forever that mean I can be her mommy ", I didn't dare move or break eye contact with him.

 It felt like forever when he finally said something. 

" Sh... she... she called me dad? ", he whispered. 

I nodded waiting for another reaction. 

" Creed I know that now is not a convenient time to tell her the truth and because she is too young to understand, plus with everything with the war... but I think you should tell her soon ", I spoke low and softly.

 " She called you mom? ", he said more to himself it seems. 

I nodded, " Creed?... what was she like? Poppy's mom? ", I dared ask him. 

I thought he was going to snap and yell at me to mind my own business but no. 

" She... she was special... ", he said smiling. 

" Her name was Vaessa... I met her a year after I came here. I found her wondering the coast going South. She was so beautiful and different. I followed her for a few days. Hiding in the shadows so I won't freight her, but somehow she knew I was following her. One day she made a trap, I was silly I got caught in her trap. I tried with all my strength to release myself but she was a clever one ", he paused chuckling softly shaking his head.

" I was just stuck there when I heard her come out of her hiding spot. I froze in time just watching her approach me. No hate or fear in her eyes. She came closer and gently said hi. I stayed silent because I didn't want to scare her away. When she got near I scooted back and that made her stop in her track and said, " I won't hurt you it's okay ", like she was the monster ".