Chapter 3

They nodded at us as a greeting. Lark and Nyx came running toward us.

 Nyx pulled me away from Dice, " What were you thinking? ", she exclaimed angrily. 

" You can't just run off towards danger, Jesus christ Nova fucking think ". 

" They were in danger. I wasn't going to let them get hurt. 

You can't continue to shelter me as if I'm some child! ", I spat back. 

" Then stop acting like one ". 

I gave her a hateful look and turned around and started walking back to the drug store. 

" No wait I'll talk to her ", I heard Dice say. 

I just continued walking. I heard footsteps catching up to me. 

" Nova, you know she's right ". 

I abruptly stopped and looked at him with a heated look. 

" You think I'm a child too? ", I snapped.

 " No No not that. I mean you can't put yourself in danger like that ". 

My facial expression softened. I sigh and continue walking to the drug store.

 " You were in danger, I can't let you get hurt. I can't lose you ", I said softly.

 He pulled my arm to stop me and made me face him. 

" I can't lose you too, so please don't ever put yourself in danger, okay?

 I stared at him, I then leaned in and kissed him softly. 

I broke the kiss and just hugged him tightly.

 We let go and continued walking back. We made it back to the drug store. Letta and Gwen were hiding behind a counter. When she saw Dice she got up letting out a soft sob hugging him. 

" Oh thank you Lord, I thought something had happened to you ". 

She pulled away, grabbing his cheeks looking at his face with relief. 

" Where is your dad? ", she asked worriedly.

 At that moment Lark walked in following Nyx, Morrison and the three strangers. When Letta saw her husband she ran to him. Hugging him as well, just as she did to Dice. They pulled away and she looked towards the strangers cautiously. 

" Hun this is Fosco, Gemina and Veto ", Mor introduced them to his wife. Gemina was the first to step up,

 " Hello nice to meet you ", extending a hand out for Letta. 

Letta was so confused but shook her head and extended her own to shake. Gwen came out of her hiding rushing to Mor.

 " Papa!! ", she squealed.

 Mor bends down to welcome her into his waiting arms picking her up. 

" Papa I thought you and Dicey weren't coming back ", she said sadly. 

" My little flower I will always come back to you ", he said to her. 

Lark cleared his throat and said, " So where were you guys going? ", turning to Fosco. 

" Well we are not sure we've been on the road for almost a month. Everytime we find a place that seems safe, it doesn't last. Always overrun by the Jagers ", he said. 

" So we continue moving only stopping to sleep or to stock up on supplies ", Veto cut in. 

" Where are you coming from? ", I asked them.