Chapter 14: Eva(ngeline)

Its been days since Vinnie came over suddenly that night. Telling him to leave after just asking for my help was quite mean I guess. We did exchange numbers this time so at least he doesn't need to strut into my home like he owns the place at 8 pm. But something with lying to his parents did not sit right with me, why couldn't he just tell them the truth? But then again who am I to dictate what he does and doesn't tell his parents: I don't know the type of relationship they have. I know perfectly well of the fact that I would not tell my parents anything to do with my personal life. Definitely not about my relationship status. I stood over the kitchen counter cutting up fruit as I remained partially in my day dream about Vinnie. Ivory was now abroad for work and my workplace was closed for repairs: it was 8:00 am and I had nothing to do. It was just me and my thoughts for however long I'd be alone. I squeezed a bottle of honey and let its thick warm consistency drizzle out over each thinly cut mango,strawberry,pomegranate seed and sliced apple. I then squeezed a wedge of lemon over the fruit salad to add a slightly bitter taste for the morning along with adding a couple of extra slices in the bowl before washing my hands and mixing the fruit bowl with a wooden spoon. I blankly starred at my bowl as I sat at the counter. My phone buzzed on the counter top and I saw Vinnie's name pop up on my lock screen and for some reason I felt relieved.
-Hey I saw that the bakery you work at is closed rn. Want me to come over?
-Sure but I need to get ready
-Don't worry about it. I'm omw

I pulled my socks up over my knees and onto my thighs before getting another notification from Vinnie telling me he's outside

I pulled my socks up over my knees and onto my thighs before getting another notification from Vinnie telling me he's outside. I stood up from my bed and kicked on my slippers. Fixing my dress I walked down the stairs and opened to door for Vinnie. He towered over me as I felt tempted to put my hand on his broad shoulders and travel it gently down his body. Shut up Evangeline.
"Hey doll." He says as he looks down on me slowly stepping through the door and keeping eye contact.
"Hello." I grab his hand and felt his body tense as i close the door behind us and guide him into the living room.
"What was that for?"
"Calm down we just need to talk." I reassure him as we sat on the couch and I turned on the TV for slight background noise before placing my fruit bowel between my legs and crossing them.
"I'm sorry for how I responded when you asked me to..."
"Be my fake girlfriend?"
"Yeah that. I just got defensive because that's just not something I've ever imagined doing" I slowly looked up at him and I observed his jaw soften as though he felt sympathy towards me.
"Are you scared?" He asked me and I nodded to answer his question which resulted in him reaching his hand out to gently grab my chin and make me look up at him. " It's okay to feel that way. I'm sorry to be asking this of you really, but I wouldn't ask if I didn't desperately need to." I nodded again as I felt too nervous for words to surface.
"Thank you." He whispered to me as though to praise me for agreeing to do this for him. I raised my bowl and rearranged my legs at attempt to hide the effect his voice had on my body. I watched as his body language changed when he took his hand off my chin and shuffled away from me on the couch.

Eva's outfit: