Chapter 17: Vinnie(Vincent)

"Vinnie!" Eva yelled from her bedroom as we both separately got ready for the evening with my parents.
"I'm coming!"  I said back as I made my way from the main bathroom down the hall to her bedroom door. I knocked twice before opening up the door. I froze with the door wide open as I tried to keep my composure. I didn't want her to know how beautiful I thought she looked but it was so fucking hard to keep my composure with how she looked in that dress.
"Can you please zip the back of my dress for me." She said in a way which seemed as though she didn't sincerely want my help. She brushed down the front of her dress as I walked behind her.
"Of course I can." I placed my fingers around the zip at the back of her dress. We agreed beforehand to colour coordinate our outfits to make our bond seem more realistic, however I told her that I hate coloured shirts so she compromised to get me a tie which was the same colour as her dress. From instinct I almost caressed her waist after zipping up her dress. But I didn't.
"Thank you."
I nodded to her gratitude and swiftly left her room back into the bathroom so that I could do my tie.
Just before I was going to ask if she was ready to leave I paused at her door and watched as Eva fidgeted in front of her mirror. She seemed frustrated, but she looked amazing.
"You look good don't worry." I walked towards her at attempt of reassurance.
"Thanks." Her response was blunt but my comment seemed to have helped ease her nerves.
"Please don't tell me we're going to see your parents on your motorcycle." She sounded fed up as if I was giving her constant obstacles.
"No motorcycle don't worry." I let a half smile slip for a moment because I felt as though I got the old Eva back.

We arrived at the restaurant, and of course my parents were already there; they think that early is on time and on time is late

We arrived at the restaurant, and of course my parents were already there; they think that early is on time and on time is late. We all sat at the table and ordered whilst my parents began small talk.
"So Eva what do you do for work?" My mother asks before pursing her lips around a glass of wine.
"I work at a little bakery cafe in town. But I hope to run my own business some day." Evas response was swift, which was good given that my parents take first impressions and question responses with tone extremely seriously.
The smell of Evas perfume slightly distracted me from the conversation she was having with my mother.
A few light chuckles and fake smiles later the dinner was over.
"Thank fuck for that." I mumbled under my breath loosening my tie as my parents drove off.
"What did you say?"
"I said thank fuck for that." I let out a soft laugh with my statement despite Eva looking slightly offended.
"What?" I ask her
"Your parents seem nice."
"Yeah I think they like you" I look at Eva as she fiddles with a pleat in her dress.
"I like your dress by the way. It's pretty."
"Thank you."
"Again with these blunt responses Evangeline." My patience began to thin as though my parents finally leaving took a huge weight off my shoulders.
"What do you mean?"
"You know what I mean. For over a week now you've been acting all different, since that day."
"Stop." I wanted to do as she said I didn't want to upset her but I couldn't handle this distance between us anymore.
"No I can't stop. It's like something just changed between us. You know something is here. I feel like there's so much you're keeping from me."
"What do you mean."
"You know what I mean Evangeline come on."
"No" her response was blurred by my frustration. I stepped in front of her and put my hand on her face.
"Look at me... Evangeline look at me."
"What Vinnie." She said after finally giving in, tears formed in her eyes and I couldn't help but be confused as to why our emotions were contradicting one another so severely. I tucked her hair behind her ear and had to close my eyes at the sight of her faded scar. The scar I saw on her when we first met.
" Who did this to you Eva." I said less like a question and more like a demand. She froze as though she didn't expect me to ask this of her.
"I-" I gave her a moment to conclude my question, it must be a serious topic but I needed answers. And if I find out who the fuck did this to her face they are going to regret ever laying their hands on her.I grabbed her chin and rub my thumb over her tears. She shook her head and broke eye contact. I felt her body weaken as she looked away from me and my body tensed up at her discomfort.
"We're going home." I stated,I refuse to watch her crumble this way and do nothing about it.

Evas outfit:

Vinnies outfit:

Vinnies outfit: