Chapter 21: Vinnie(Vincent)

I pulled her towards me and pulled her dress down to make sure she was covered. I leaned back on my motorcycle and placed a hand on her back.
"We have quite a few stops to make today doll so be patient for me okay?" I stated then watching her nod at my requests. I observed her as my eyes ran over her from her outfit to her hair; she smelt sweet as always and her skin was smooth, glossy even. Her outfit contradicted mine with her floral pattern and her dolly red shoes that contrasted with my navy sweatshirt and black pants. The frills on her socks caught my attention as they gripped around her thighs. I slid my helmet over her head with the intention of taking her with me to get one of her own. She looked up at me as I clipped the helmet beneath her chin and jokingly slammed down the visor.
Riding to the gear store took some time but the whole journey I was continuously patting down the back of her dress to avoid the wind from creating a complicated situation. The wind blew through my hair and red lights consisted of teasing and dances through the journey.
"Where are we?" She asked me in a confused tone.
"We're getting you your own helmet princess." I replied whilst looking into her eyes and taking off my helmet for her. I gently tucked her hair behind one of her ears as I noticed that she didn't cover up her freckles today which for some reason made me happy.
"Why do you look so jolly all of a sudden?"
"Your freckles... they're beautiful." I said softly and I watched her expression change and her eyes disappear in the balls of her cheeks from her smile. I held my hand out for her to grab it before we walked into the store. It smelt like pure fuel and burnt wood and the lights were moderately bright.
"Vinnie how are ya!" An employee called over to me once we entered.
"Thomas hey!" I replied as he came up to me for a hand shake.
"I haven't seen you in a while what brings you here today?" He asked
I stepped to the side revealing Evangeline behind me.
"Looking for a helmet. But do u think you can help with measurements first?" He looked at me slightly confused but consciously decided not to question why I was there with a girl he'd never seen before.
"Of course mate just follow me."
Thomas was quite a lively individual, our personalities weren't very alike but he was a good person none the less. His face was long and his skin was tanned. He had an eyebrow slit which was a result of a childhood scar. His smile was wide and his hair was dirty blonde and curly. As we followed the direction that Thomas was walking in I lightly squeezed Evas hand as a non verbal way of asking if she was okay: she squeezed back and for some reason I felt my fingers bubble at the use of reassurance. After getting her head measurements I thanked Thomas and guided Eva to the isle we needed to get to.
"This is so random what is wrong with you" she said stubbornly.
"Well I cant keep letting you wearing a helmet that doesn't fit can I?" I said to her as I scanned the shelves. "Now come on and help me pick."
She rolled her eyes before picking out a helmet she wanted along with me guiding her on how protective each one is. She tried on a few helmets and finally decided on which one she wanted. After paying for the helmet I thanked Thomas for his help as always and left the store with Eva.

After a while of going in and out of stores through the local mall we finally decided to settle down and get something to eat outside in a local cafe

"Why won't you just let me take you somewhere nice for lunch?"
"Because I didn't dress up to go on a fancy date now shut up and walk." She bossed me around the whole journey I even held her shopping bags, but I didn't mind. I let her choose where we went to eat so I held the door open for her and watched her strut past me while her hair swayed down her back. I followed her inside the cafe and we sat down by a window.
"These seats are tiny as shit." I spat out due to discomfort.
"They're not small you're just big." She said as she rested her chin on her hands.
After a while of speaking over some coffee and bagels I began to feel Eva's leg rub against mine which made my body tense.
"What are you doing?" I said quietly.
"Nothing." She said proudly before swinging her legs beneath the table. I stared at her lowly through my eyebrows as she began to tease me up until we finished eating. The atmosphere of the cafe grew thick as I began to pay less attention to the scent of freshly baked pastries and more to the tension between me and Eva.
"Let's go home. Wanna come to my place?"
"Sure!" She said as if she planned this whole scenario out.