Chapter 18: Eva(ngeline)

My heart was pounding out of my chest, I can't handle this he cares too much about me how am I supposed to react. As Vinnie opens the front door I deeply pay attention to the rattle of the keys and the turning of the clogs inside of the lock so much that I could almost taste the metal. My heart beat sped up and I could practically feel it in my throat, and my blood felt boiling hot in my veins I could smell it.
"So are you going to tell me who did that to your face"
"No." I felt like honesty was the best thing I could do at this moment, Vinnie was stubborn like me and he would keep pushing until I told him unless I made it apparent I wasn't ready to speak about it.
He sat down on the couch making me feel extremely on edge.
"Are you mad at me?" My question was purely out of fear from past experiences. I just wanted to be sure.
"What no of course not." He paused for a moment "come here" his voice was soft and seemed less tense as he held out a hand and I walked towards him. I placed my hand in his and he gently rubbed his thumb over the top of my hand. He stood up from the couch and used his other hand to pull me into a hug. I felt safe, like all of the carelessness I've had in my life was a build up for this moment. He held me like nothing else mattered and I felt tears run down my cheek.
"It's okay" he hushed me and rubbed the back of my head as I cried and pleaded in his chest. His scent was so comforting for me, his scent remained manly bit his cologne was different he smelt clean almost citrusy.
"I need to change"
"Okay. Have a shower and change, I'll be waiting for you." I looked up at him and nodded. I didn't want to leave him, his touch, his comfort; I wanted to keep it all with me.

I stepped out the shower and wrapped the soft towel around my body and wiped the steam off the mirror

I stepped out the shower and wrapped the soft towel around my body and wiped the steam off the mirror. I rubbed my under eyes and moisturised my lips. I exhaled deeply and placed the back of my hand on my forehead at attempt to figure out why I feel so confused. I strolled into my bedroom and opened up my drawer to get out some pyjamas. I pulled the pyjama shorts over my thighs and onto my waist before dropping my towel to the ground and putting on my thin cotton tank top. I picked out a pair of lace frilled socks from my second draw and put them on before leaving my bedroom door with my towel in my hand. As I opened the door I saw Vinnie at the other side of the hallway exiting the bathroom with a towel around his waist which he held with one hand and another towel over his shoulders that he used to dry his hair. I froze at the door in shock of seeing his bare body for the first time. My eyes glazed over his rough body and I noticed his scars on his arms and one on his waistline connecting to his v line. I wonder what caused them. For some reason I couldn't take my eyes off him and my focus shifted from his body to his face and I stepped back in shock of catching him admiring me.
"Did you have fun with that doll?" He said to me as he walked towards me with one hand,with a towel in it, on his head.
"Go get some clothes on" I insisted before brushing past him to go put my towel in the washing machine. I felt his gaze follow me and I walked into the other room and it somehow made me feel good about myself.
"I'll see you downstairs in a minute doll" he called after me as I shut the storage room door behind me.

Evas pyjamas: