Chapter 16: Vinnie(Vincent)

As I lay gazing up at the living room ceiling with my hands behind my head I attempt to figure out how the fuck things ended up like this. I cant avoid it at this point it's apparent that I find Evangeline attractive. But her attitude fucking blows. I place one of my forearms over my eyes to shield them from the sunrise.

"Good morning" I say roughly with a cup of coffee in my hand

"Good morning" I say roughly with a cup of coffee in my hand. I don't know why but Eva was starting to piss me off, it's like something just made her switch and I don't know why it bothered me so intensely, but at the same time I just wanted to beg her to tell me what's going on.
"Morning." Her response was quick and sharp as though she almost forgot we were temporarily living together. The sound of her slippers scrapped against the kitchen floor as her back remained towards me. She poured herself a cup of water and threw some ice cubes in the glass before walking into the living room and turning on the TV. I don't know why but I felt stuck; it was only a few days ago that we we're perfectly fine. Content at most. The dinner is next Sunday so all we have to do is stick it out until then, it's fine it'll be just fine. I pinched my nose bridge before taking another sip of my coffee.
Holding my coffee in one hand I stopped at the living room door and leaned against the door frame. Eva heard my approach and noticed the sudden silence in my steps and turned around from the couch.
"What?" She said, her tone aggravated
"I didn't say anything at all just watch TV Eva." I heard her sigh at me not referring to her with her full name. It wasn't my fault she was being a pain in the ass.
I walked away from the living room door to place my mug in the sink. I let out a tired groan from my lack of sleep over the past few days. The anxiety of seeing my parents with her is catching up to me; next Sunday dinner with my parents is in four days and I just want to get it fucking over with now.