Liquid Courage

The next part is already up on Ritoria. Check it out! 

Liquid Courage

Rage and determination burned through me like a fire blazing to life. I crept out of my hiding spot underneath the table, rose to my feet, ducked from a flying chair, and then rushed to the bespectacled guy, intent on saving him from the hulking man's assault no matter what. Like the fucking brute and coward that he was, the hulking criminal had made use of the mayhem and chaos erupting all around us to assault the bespectacled guy. He didn't even care that they were in the middle of the cafeteria! The fucking audacity!

Unfortunately, there was a reason for his daring boldness. No guard was rushing to the poor guy's aid. They were all pretty occupied either trying to bring back a semblance of order to the place or were scrambling to get out of the raging inmates' way. Absolutely no one was coming to help the bespectacled guy.

Except for me.

All my previous trepidations had been driven away by the power of sheer, uncontrollable anger now pulsing through my veins like a powerful drug. It was liquid courage in its finest form.

I came to stand behind the hulking guy, who was so engrossed in the revolving act that he didn't notice me approaching, and tapped his shoulder to get his attention. Fist at the ready, I pulled back my hand and waited, seething like a bull.

"Huh?"

As soon as he turned to look over his shoulder, I let him have it.

The sound of my fist making contact with his face echoed loudly, although it went unnoticed by the other guards and inmates delivering punches of their own.

The hulking guy, having not anticipated the blow in the slightest, fell back on his ass, his half-hard dick flopping disgustingly.

I took this chance to tell the bespectacled guy to pull up his pants and get the fuck out of the cafeteria.

However brave I might be feeling, I was under no illusion that I could take this guy, even with my knowledge of martial arts. The punch I'd just hit him with would have knocked the lights out of a lesser sized man, but all it seemed to do was momentarily faze him.

I needed to get him while he was still down.

I raised my fist, ready to swing again, when someone grabbed me from behind.

"What the hell!" Was all I managed to get out before I received a devastating kick to the gut.

The hulking asshole recovered quickly, it seemed, and had taken advantage of my restraints to deliver a dizzying kick to my stomach.

I doubled over as pain speared through me. It was unexpected; I hadn't been bracing for it which made the injury a lot more agonizing. I spat clear bile.

A fist buried itself in my hair and pulled, raising my head so that I could look into the furious eyes of the hulking guy.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

"You want to take his place?" he growled menacingly, his eyes darkened by lust filled with incredible hate and unfulfilled sexual hunger. Up close, he was even uglier. He was utterly ugly in both body and soul. Here was a man who belonged in prison if I ever saw one.

Suppressed memories came charging out and I exhaled a shuddering breath induced by fear and extreme repulsion. A chill raced down my spine, rattling my very bones. I started to shake and shudder at the possibility of... of... that happening again.

No. God, please, no. Anything but that.

I couldn't take a repeat of the incident that put me in this prison in the first place. It would be the very last straw.

Keep it together. A voice from the deep yelled, ordering me to rein the panic in, to swallow it and not let it consume me. It would set into my bones like a disease and lock them if I but let it.

Having a nervous breakdown right now was not going to help me at all. I needed to calm down, sharpen my mind and think logically but quickly about a way out of this mess before things got really, really bad.

Fight. Fight! Fight, damn you!

Inhaling sharply, I then let out a warrior's roar that would have made Tarzan proud. Then I began struggling with all my might, my main goal dislodging the brute with his hands wrapped around me.

When that didn't seem to be working, I gritted my teeth and threw back my head. A satisfying crack resounded in my ears, followed by a ringing scream. Something warm spilled over the back of my head.

The arms vanished.

Now was my chance!

I leapt forward, determined to get as far away from them as I could. But a massive fist caught me right in the jugular, and the world went blurry. 

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

What good is courage when it gets you into problems?

Want to read on ahead? There are over 20+ chapters on my Patreon!