Chapter 1 Sound of alarm

Kian's p.o.v
Beep !! Beep!!

Sound of alarm from my smart watch woke me up from my power nap. This power nap was my everyday routine from home to office .It rejuvenates me to face the long day ahead. You would ask why would i need a power nap at 10 in the morning .My day starts at 4:00 a.m. This is the time allocated for wellness of my mind, body and soul .I hit my home gym, go for a run, meditate to release stress , have a healthy breakfast .I also sort my day out and plan ahead and strategize .Talk to my parents who are on a long vacation to Lakshadweep islands in India .

I reach office at 10 :00 a.m. sharp.It is an iconic high rise in the heart of London,an architectural landmark for locals as well as tourists. This eclectic building holds around hundred floors with all amenities possible for my hardworking employees , arrayed to simplify there life as workers . it hosts a gym , a creche, an emergency room, a play area for slightly bigger kids with babysitters ,massage room to destress and much more.Again you would ask why all this so to answer you my grandfather who started this company from scratch always says "Happy employees make happy customers and even happier employers " This philosophy of his worked for him then my father and then for me and my siblings hence the paraphernalia. We are now a world renowned business empire . Myriad of floors catering to miscellaneous departments .

I took the private elevator to my office floor which has four large rooms belonging to me and my siblings and one big conference room for meetings and all . We handle disparate departments and distinct responsibilities .

As i reach my room my secretary Mrs. Adeline Forks a darling of a woman in her late fifties recites my schedule for the day . Mrs. Adeline or Addy has been appointed by my parents for me as I am a quiet person I come out as a snob to many people . You can say she is there to explain me better during meetings . She keeps all four of us in line also never backing down in reprimanding us if we are being brats .

My elder brother Keith is in charge of our export business while my sister Kiara handles our chain of hotels all around the world and our little but not so little anymore brother Kovu is in charge of our robotics division . My parents Grant and my beautiful mother Sienna are now retired and enjoy life vacationing all over the world .

My devoir in all this diversity is to find unity that is to decide , plan , forecast , allocate resources , setting goals , tactical planning , implementing strategies to ensure organizational development while integrating various departments such as accounting , finance , marketing and human resources with help of Kovu our in house magician who has an affinity towards strategic management . We run our empire with help of my father's childhood friend, partner and vice president Mr. Gerard Sinclair.

As i took my seat Addy hands me the tab with todays agenda . my first meeting was with the man we all look up to our company's V.P uncle Gerard whom we all respect just like our father . My second meeting was with the accounts and finance department of production offices . the report for this fiscal year was to be shared and i was looking forward to it . As on basis of this annual report every dedicated employee all around the world will get their share in profit and growth of the company which further motivates them to do their job fervently.