Chapter 14:The Fear of the Unknown.....

Kian's p.o.v continued:

He took me for a ride. My heart was beating as fast as the speed of his bike.but the awareness of his body against mine made me quiver.

Kenneth's p.o.v

I could feel his agitation through the quivering of his body but I could also feel his desire to be in close proximity.It was same for me the astounding need to be near in any sense of physical contact.

I took him to the lake side. I parked the bike. He unclenched his hands from my waist and we sat there on the grass. I was in a dilemma that If I want to have a future with him then I have to tell him everything about myself. He should judge all the pros and cons before committing to a relationship with me. I am worried that he might not want to continue this with me after knowing everything but not telling him was not an option. He must be prepared for the what's to come. I knew the silence was killing him. He was looking at me curiously, studying me but still gave me time to lineup my thoughts.

"Kian I am a loner, I like to keep myself anonymous. It's not by choice but by necessity. I am a single child of two wonderfully loving parents who live on a farm and work on it to earn a living. They had a difficult time with me not that I was a problematic child.The curiosity in his  eyes increased as he heard my words. My parents are simple people who never left the place they were born in.They were childhood sweethearts who got married in the same church they attended on sundays.None of them went to college, satisfied with the basic education they had. They faced difficulties with me because I was deemed a genius at the tender age of five. My intelligence overwhelmed them.At first they did not understand how to handle me.By the time I was three I could read books on my own without being taught, by five I was reciting shakespeare from memory. From the time I was three I could do subtraction and addition even multiplication and division on my own again without ever being taught.I helped my father in keeping his books at four. You name it and I could do it with an eidetic memory.I remember everything I ever saw once. My parents were knocked right, left and centre. A prodigy in their hands trounced them."

At this Kian entwined my fingers with his and pulled me towards him. I was now sitting between his legs with my back to his chest. He was making soothing circles with his fingers on my wrist and palm. I matched my breathing with his and it calmed my turbulent heart.

I continued " but my parents were strong people who loved me with their lives.My grandfather had a friend who was a teacher in city who further had a cousin who was a professor in university.Who came down after hearing about me.He was professor Ian Sotheby who changed my life. Who took me under his wing. He became the mentor I needed. He honed my skills physically as well as mentally. He made me more focused and concentrated . He made sure that I get acquainted to all the right teachers who could further guide me to hone my skills. I owe him and my parents a lot.My parents and Grandparents did everything in their ability to provide with me every necessary means. I never felt short of love or guidance or money.It was all very expensive at first.The guidance, the equipment needed was expensive, education itself was through scholarships and sponsorships so it was not a monetary pressure on my parents. How they managed all the expenses I do not know to this date but I can imagine the hardships they have to go through to provide for me. My parents sacrificed the thought of another child even though my mom always wanted a big family. My uncles , aunts everyone in the village contributed in someway in bringing me up. You might have heard of the phrase that it takes a village to bring a child up it was literally true in my case."

"Now when I am at a place where I can do everything for them, provide them with things money can buy, they don't need anything. Simple people simple needs. They are fulfilled with my happiness. I try to meet and talk regularly with them this satisfies them.They are my everything, pillars of my being."

"Now that was my past. My job it's not easy and my abilities are something I thrive on.The more challenging the project, the more alive I feel.You have to understand that when you live a quite life and can't get into relationship with anybody or make friends with anybody you survive on instinct and what you have so,I got in a relationship with numbers and they haven't betrayed me yet. And I was satiated with that.

"After meeting you,knowing you for first time in my life I want more from life. I want more with you in my life. So I want you to be privy to that part of my life that nobody knows about,Even my parents not completely.I want you to know so that after listening you can decide whether you want to stay or move on." Kian had heard every word I said without interrupting even once he had immense patience that god's could envy and was literally a miser with his words.He continued drawing soothing circles on my wrist. In a way telling me to continue without speaking.His eyes were still curious but there was something more in them now.