Chapter 23| Argument

A/n please read the trigger warnings at the beginning of the book since I've had to edit it for the next few chapters.

Seriously go re-read them.

Alex pov:

My eyes fluttered open as I woke up for the second or third time today. I realised I was hugging the teddy that Ashley gave me, which still smelled like her perfume.

I rubbed my eyes and got out of bed. I wobbled over to my wardrobe and found some clothes for myself. I changed out of my pj's and into some daytime clothes.

I yawned as I walked out of Ashley's room and downstairs into the kitchen. I found Adelina talking to Alessandro and frowned. "Hey?" I greeted, suspiciously.

They both quickly moved apart but they both relaxed when they saw me. "Jesus, it's just you. God, Alex don't sneak up on us like that." Alessandro said, relieved with his hand over his heart.

I chuckled and looked for some food.

"Here, I'll do it," Adelina mumbled, quickly grabbing a few ingredients and began cooking.

I backed off and took a few steps back. "Um okay. You two looked like you saw a ghost; are you okay?" I asked, concerned.

They both nodded quickly without looking at me and muttered under their breaths that they were fine.

"Right...." I mumbled, narrowing my eyes before taking a step back. Adelina handed me a plate of food and I happily took it. "Um, thanks," I muttered before quickly walking away and into the dining room.

I swear I saw Alessandro immediately go closer to Adelina when he thought the door was shut. Like nearly touching close. Weird.

After I finished eating, I decided not to put it back in the kitchen in case of seeing something that I didn't want to. So I just left my plate in the dining room, I felt bad about it but I'm sure a maid will see it and take it into the kitchen for me.

I wandered around the house for a couple of minutes; Ashley's room was getting boring.

I walked outside into the garden, but it was too big and I'd just get lost, so I turned around and went back inside the house.

So turns out that everything is boring, or I've just been trapped in here for ages. I want to just go out for a walk by myself, that'd be nice.

Ashley said I could go knock on her office if I needed anything, hopefully, she wouldn't be mad but I really wanted to go out.

I walked upstairs and found her office after a while. I knocked on the door and waited.

"Come in."

I slowly opened the door and walked inside. Something felt off. Something about the way she sat and sounded. I'm sure I'm just overthinking.

"Um, could I please go out?" I asked nervous but polite. I thought the nicer I was, the more likely she would say yes.

I got a bitter look in return, making me instantly hang my head and look at the floor. It took me by surprise since she was so kind this morning. "No." She muttered coldly and looked back down at her laptop.

I opened my mouth and then shut it, I wasn't sure what to say. "J-just for a walk? Please?" I mumbled, still not looking up.

Once I didn't hear a response, I looked up because maybe she didn't hear me. But I immediately looked away to the side when I caught a glimpse of her deathly glare.

"I said no Alexander." She hissed harshly.

I gulped at her words. Alexander. That name felt foreign to me at this point. I wasn't used to being called that, not since I was living with my dad. Just thinking about my dad turned something inside me, something that made me angry at the memories of everything. I was probably going into what Ashley called "brat mode" which I don't know what it means but apparently, it is something that submissives do.