Chapter 3: Ice cream with my attacker

Zyx's POV:

After that night, I went back to my apartment to bandage up my wounds. Moojin [owner of LIGHTS] sent me a text apologizing for "Lennox's" behaviour and i just told him it's okay and he shouldn't be too harsh to him.

Lennox ey? What a beautiful name. I utter to myself as I tend to my wound. as rude as he was, dang wasn't he such an amazing performer? I saw my kitten Lora, she was drawing with her new wand i got her, i grabbed her and flew around with her, her chuckles melted my heart, making me forget about this horrible night.

"Prince, why do u have cloth on ur face?''

I chuckled as i played with her baby face.

"i got hurt so i covered it to protect myself."

"Who hurt you?''

I stopped and smiled a bit, excusing her question by offering her ice cream. She excitedly jumped out my arms and ran to fetch her shoes. I loved this kid with everything in me and sometimes when I'm sad, she'd be right here to cheer me up with her jokes, she's my everything.

We walked out the door and got on my hoverbike and rode into the tech-filled Centre of downtown beasts, i knew a very good friend at an ice cream parlour down there, considering how i was a non-animal, i didn't want us to get harassed by other citizens of this dystopian town, Lora doesn't need that. I parked and helped Lora down, she ran straight into the parlour and the owner "Nelson" held her tight.

"Greetings mate, u know the drill.'' i chuckle

He chuckled and helped Lora to the ice cream selection when my eyes locked with Lennox. I wanted to approach him, but the last time that happened he threw a glass at me, so i just sat across from him, he looked so tired. He was in a tank top and his dreads were in a messy bun, he had mint ice cream, but he barely touched it, instead, he just stared into nothing.

He looked up at me, the eye contact made my antennas glow red, I held them and hid under my table, hoping he didn't see that.

" i can't seriously be falling for him of all people."

I didn't dare to look up again, i embarrassed myself so badly, he hurt me and yet here I am, blushing. Nope, I'm never leaving this spot-

'' hallow mister, i like your big ears, they are like my antennas." Lora chuckles

I get up quickly, hitting my head on the table.

"Jeez, how many times are u gonna hurt yourself?'' a familiar voice echoed.

Lennox was sitting right in front of me, laughing at me. I sat up straight and cleared my voice.

"Excuse me, u hurt me first." I tried to be assertive but he just laughed, his laugh made me chuckle a bit.

"true, and i do apologize, even though you did enter my room unannounced." he teased

I knew he was being condescending but oh...was i kind of enjoying this? He talked to Lora as i held my head up, trying to intimidate him, but he just smiled at me. I hated this so much, his stupid smile was messing me up. I just let my guard down when i noticed Lora was getting along with him.

So, i spent the next few hours chatting with him, he wasn't as bad of a person as I originally thought, he was nice...kind of. He was kind of a narcissist, always talking about himself and his achievements, Lora has started to admire him more, and i wasn't having any of this. 

"do u only talk about yourself? You haven't let anyone else speak yet, what a mouth you have!" i utter.

His expression changed, he looked angry, like he wanted to yell at me like he did last time, but he didn't. instead, he shrugged and looked at his phone. Lora wasn't happy at me at all

"what was that my prince? That wasn't nice at all!"

" its ok sweetheart, save your breath, i need to prepare for tonight's performance, hope to see you there cutie pie."

He gave her a signed photograph of himself and left. Lora wasn't happy at all, she took her ice cream and dragged me out.

The ride home was quiet, Lora was just staring at the photo of Lennox and smiling, this disgusted me so badly. I unlocked the door and she just went to her bedroom, but i used my magic to bring her back, facing me, I knelt at her level.

''Lora sweetie, I'm so sorry for tonight, that elf u met was the person who hurt me-"

" but he was nice, he apologized.''

" i know sweetheart"

" can i at least go to his performance?''

My eyes went wide and stood up.

"you are too young to go to the nightclub Hunny, its not for you."

"you are always so jealous of other people, why can't you just be normal?!"

She got angry and went to her room, slamming the door, leaving the photo behind. I stood there, my heart aching as i looked at the photo, she was right. i wasn't very fond of her being with others, let alone anyone whom she admired more than me. She's only 12 and she can see through me. I walked into her room and left the photo at her desk. as i was about to leave, she spoke.

"Why can't i have friends?''

I sat next to her and held her tight.

"You can honey-

"Not as long as u continue to baby me." she interrupted

I kissed her forehead and closed the door, i couldn't listen to her further. I wasn't being overprotective, i know the world more than her, its safer for her to be with me, and only me. I don't care if she never makes friends, in this town, u can't trust anyone.

"she will understand why I'm doing this."