Chapter 8: Understand

Lora's POV:

 I sat on the hoverbike, my shaking arms around Axton as we rode away from Zyx and Lennox. i felt my head slowly fall onto her back and felt my head spin, i was so...scared. the way he looked at me, his grip on my arm...it was so terrifying. i clutched harder onto her and tried not to cry as i felt my tears fall uncontrollably.

we eventually stopped ontop of our favourite rooftop, it was on an abandoned apartment, the only place in town that wasn't corrupted by tech and selfish investors. she parked the bike and locked it.

" ..you're safe now."

she removed herself from my tight grasp and helped me up, but her expression went so blank and scared when she saw my face, cause of all the tears and strain, i had developed deep under -eyes and the once bright light in my eyes dimmed.

" oh...Lora...

"don't, please don't."

she tilted her head at my comment and knelt in front of me.

i stayed silent as my body shook violently, the memory of his face and the grip he had on me. i couldn't shake the feeling away, he's never done that before.

"...he could've....he" Axton tried to speak but i cut me off, hugging her tighter than before.

" he wouldn't...he loves me, he just got angry..cant really blame him."

i felt her body shake, let go of me and looked me straight in the eyes, her expression changed to one of concern and anger,

" are you kidding me right now? Lora its not ur fault he was out of his mind!"

" but it was..i snuck out and saw his assaulter..and for what?"

" that.."

" he needed me and i just left him."

"HIS FEELINGS ARENT YOUR RESPONSIBILITY DAMN IT!"

I snap back into reality when i felt her pull me up and hold me again, her head buried in my shoulder and her voice cracking, I've never seen her so vulnerable.

" WHY DO U.....why do u always think you need to be responsible for everyone else other than yourself? why.." she yelled, hiding the tears in her voice.

i stood there for a moment, her words made me feel so...sad, not at her but at myself. i hold her, my arms wrapped tightly around her waist and my head on top of hers, my hand brushing her back comfortingly.

" i don't know...i really don't."

" well stop...please stop it! i hate seeing you like this!" she looked up at me, her tears finally coming out.

" i hate it when you undervalue yourself, i hate it when you don't give yourself enough credit! sometimes....SOMETIMES I WANT TO SLAP YOU SO HARD"

Her yelling really shocked me, it was aggressive, but at the same time she was worried. our eye contact intensified as she tried to calm down. but her next words..

" slap you so you can see it, that you don't need to be strong with me. is rather have you in my arms then crying in ur room damn it...sometimes i really think you forget

i love you

my eyes lit up again and my tail raised higher than the stars. it was like she knew exactly what i needed, i was transparent glass to her, and that i was fine with. i started to chuckle, letting the tears i held for years come out, rushing faster than a raging river.

" you're a dumbass...but you're brave, I'm proud of you" she hugs me again and chuckled.

i let all my emotions out as we both gracefully knelt to the ground and my head rested on her chest. i never needed something more than i needed this, this is everything i ever wanted

to be held in my weakest moments

to be understood.