Chapter 4: Late night

Lora's POV

My prince is never lets me do ANYTHING! i mean I'm old enough to take care of myself, he treats me like a child and i hate it so much. Hes a good father i admit, but he's so self-conscious and cause of that, i cant even exist outside this house of his, it wasn't fair.

I make eye contact with the invite i got from Lennox and held it tight. I smile, he is quite the gem, even though he's a bit odd, for the most part, he's got this...aura this confidence that i desire so much. HES AN ICON!

I always wondered what the outside world was like, he always told me it was filled with traitors and thieves. i always saw the beutiy of the light-filled nights, id see my peers run around stealing and hanging out with their friends. i couldn't do any of that. i was so tired of wasting my teen years in this dump, i needed to explore..to grow.

I packed a bag, flashlight, notepad and pen, snack ...oh! and i needed a laser gun

fortunately, my prince had one, he always kept it in his room, i might need to be real quiet while doing this. 

i slowly crept into his room, his snors were loud enough to cover my heavy breathing, I've never done something like this before, but i was done with his bull.  i unlocked the chest next to him with a hacked cyberchip i got from a friend and went under his bed and into the secret shaft underneath, this led to the dark alley into Downtown Beast Central. we often used this route as an escape exit, but hey, the nice part is, no one can hear you down here. i grabbed my hoverboard and went out the tunnel with speed.

Usually, my prince would go hoverboarding with me into the city, that's where i met my friend Axton, shes a street skunk, but her and i got along pretty well. but ever since the scandel of 2026, 5 years ago, he hasn't bothered to take me out anymore, tipical, he was too afraid to show his face to the world and what stung the worst is

if he was ashamed for kissing an upperclassman, then how would he feel if he knew i was-

A pebble hit my head and i slowed down at a corner of the alley. Axton, my skunk gal, was holding a pebble, of course, she loved to tease me.

"wassup kitty~" she teased and walked around me, taunting me with her tail.

"oh screw you Ax, we don't have time for this." i rolled my eyes.

She chuckled and looked into my eyes, her tail still wrapped around me.

"what?~ i thought u missed me? don't tell me we have work?" she smiled 

that stupid smile, with her overbite and sharp teeth, it turned me the wrong way and made my heart race.

"no, i actually need a favour, there's this performer tonight as the LIGHTS in downtown central and i want to-" i showed her the photograph of lennox and she interrupted.

" ohh~so you  want me to get us in? i can definitely do that for SURE...you see~ i kinda have a thing for Celeste...dang that woman." she moaned, her tail wagging like nobody's business. it was a no-brainer that almost everyone in downtown had a crush on her, and this bisexual fool is no exception.

"yeah...right, anyway how are gonna get in? isn't it rated 20? i mean we both look at least 19 but we can't use our IDs."

" shushhh~ don't worry about that baby kitty, i got this, just follow along." she covered my face with her tail and jumped up the building.

A baby kitten is just a kitten by the way dumbass~!

She was no stranger to doing risky shit, jumping buildings and pick-pocketing was her whole life. and ever since i found her, she taught me how to be a "real cat", you know, the landing on your feet and shit.

i smiled and followed her, we jumped over every rooftop, the night was so cold and so beautiful, the light pollution really pulled through here, yet the stars still remained the brightest. its been too long since I've enjoyed the freedom of being a teen.

i held my laser gun and sighed.

i hope he doesn't wake up... i don't need another scandal to his name

so don't get caught, it's that simple dumbass.

i hesitated, i felt her hold my hand and smiled.

"come on now, is this the same lora i know and lovee~?"

her comments always made me smile, but hearing my own name made me want to scream, it made me feel so itching and even she could see it. but before she could ask, i told her 

we need to hurry... my dad i mean my prince..might wake up, and he is gonna be real mad when he realises i have this thing with me, let alone hanging with you

i could feel her pain when i said that, but it was the truth, my prince HATED axton... and i dont think i wanna know why.