Chapter 9: wrong timing

Lennox's POV 

I watched as Zyx slowly rose from the ground, snapping us away from the hallway, and right back into his apartment/ loft. it was so...huge, with the modern white rooms and colourful art pieces everywhere, they looked hand painted.

" scoff. i could paint better than you ever could-" I stopped myself when I saw that he hadn't moved from his spot.

" hey dude...are you a statue now?" I joke as i walk towards him and tap his shoulder, i feel a quick shiver coming from him but slowly he's knees wobble and he falls to the ground. 

i just stood at him, watching his almost lifeless face let out tears slowly, something bothered me about this so much, i couldn't tell if its because he was in pain...or the fact i couldn't help him.

i don't understand how all this comforting thing works, often I'm the one being comforted. i want to help him so badly, i want to hold him, tell him reassuring words and see him smile.

but here i am, standing watching him...i have to do something.

" !"

i quickly knelt down and grabbed him and pulled him into a hug, well i tried to...i ended up making us fall back, pining him doown instead.

he looked up at me. there was this little spark in his eyes, that look I've seen before. its so cute...the way his antennas glow red when he's nervous...

" get off me"  he threw me off with powerful force, my head hitting the ground.

i rubbed my head and scoffed to look back at Zyx, he looked more pissed off now.

" did you get the wrong message? " he faced me and looked into my eyes with a burning rage.

" i didn't bring you with me just for us to link up! and i certainly didn't bring you here on purpose!"

i looked at him in disbelief, whats with the change of attitude? 

" i was just trying to help, i don't know what you're thinking." i return his attitude.

" oh really now? then what was that?!"

" it was me trying to be nice"

i shut up when i looked at him again, his sadness was completely gone and replaced with pure rage, and his antennas were red again...but he looked so angry?

" ohh~ i see what's happening here, you're playing rough-

my sentence was again cut short when i felt a rough, hot slap across my face. i felt myself disassociate and flashback to that same familiar slap.

i clenched my fist and bit my lip, trying to prevent my flashback, but that slap, it was too familiar

" dont...touch me" 

" leave me alone....LEAVE ME ALONE"

i held my head as i felt the world around me spin, reliving that moment all over again. her yells...her slap 

i fell to the ground and screamed, shivering beyond belief, watching my world grow dizzy and I- 

thump

.

.

.