CHAPTER 3: THE MEETING

Akanksha left for Mumbai two days before the event with Ananya and her other team members.

Akanksha:
"I should probably call anna and inform." I thought and called Anna.

"Anna I reached Mumbai just now." I said.

"Oh that's great! Take care. Don't skip your meals." He said.

"I won't. By the way, what did anni say?" I asked.

"Well, she didn't really like it but no issues. I just don't get why she doesn't like you. You won't tell me the reason either." He said.

"Well it's kind of complex. You wouldn't get it. Anyways, I gotta go. Bye!" I said and cut the call.

I felt that the reason would cause Anna to hate her. He was better off without knowing the truth.

Next day
Afternoon 3pm

Ananya and Akanksha shared the room. Both the girls and the rest of the team got ready with all the necessary items and left for the promotional centre.

At Location:
Akanksha had to walk in front of her team as she was the head. She showed her ID and entered with the team inside the centre.

They were welcomed by the producer.
"Welcome! I guess that you're the head Akanksha." He said in a polite tone.

"Hello sir! Myself Akanksha. Nice to meet you." She replied.

"We are in a hurry as the event will start soon. You may please begin with the actors' makeup." The producer said.

"Oh yeah sure sir. We'll begin with our work right away." She replied.

"Sir! This is Akanksha Manoj, your makeup artist for the event." The producer said as he called someone out.

Then HE saw HER.

They both smiled and shook hands.

"Hello! Nice to meet you." He said.

It's an honour to meet you sir. Mein apki bohoth badi fan hoon." She said.
(I'm a huge fan of yours.)

"You have a pretty smile." He said.

"Thank you sir." She replied in a polite manner.

"You may begin with Mr. Dhruv's makeup in a few minutes. I'll show you the room." The producer said and  told her the directions for the room.

Dhruv went into the room first. Akanksha went in later after assigning the respective jobs for her team members. Ananya and Akanksha were assigned to work on Dhruv.

Dhruv:
My day felt completely normal until I saw her. The moment I turned and saw her having a conversation with the producer, I couldn't take my eyes off. So simply yet beautiful.

The simple kurti and her slight makeup (I could tell that she was wearing only an eyeliner and a lipstick) made her look damn pretty.

When the producer called me, I was trying to make a violent attempt to tear my eyes off her but my senses were not in my control.

I felt something that I had never felt for any woman ever. I've seen a lot of beauties throughout my career but she stood out.

The moment our eyes met, words struggled to come out. I was too mesmerized. I felt like she was the one for me even at first glance.

As she moved towards the makeup room, I couldn't help but look at her.

"Stop glaring at her or its gonna be obvious." A voice said next to me.
I turned around and it was Aayush, who came along with me for support.

"W-What d-do you m-mean? Me? S-staring at w-whom?" I replied as I got nervous.

"That makeup artist! Come on bro! Never in my life have I seen you stare at any woman like that. Even in college you didn't even understand the concept of crush and thought it was a waste of time. You still get nervous around women. Now you can't even take your eyes off her. Do you like her?" Aayush asked in a teasing manner.

As it was already pretty obvious to him and of course, he was my bestfriend, I decided to confide in him.

"Well.. Yeah. I do. I've never felt this feeling towards any woman before. She's the one for me. I can feel it." I revealed.

"Woaahh! Bro I was just kidding. This is just unbelievable. Is this Dhruv Kapoor or did someone replace him? I can't believe that YOU are saying this. Damn, I should've recorded that." He said teasing me.

"Okay that's enough. Go away and let me get my makeup done." I said as he was teasing me way too much.

"Sure, but don't stare too much. It's very obvio--"
"Just get lost!" I said with fake anger.
"Okay fine!" He said as he raised his arms and left me alone.

He was right about one thing. I definitely need to control my staring. It's damn hard to look away from her though. But no. I have to.

As soon as Akanksha entered the room with Ananya, she saw Dhruv sleeping on his chair.

To be continued...
----------------
Hope you guys liked this chapter. Please vote and let me know what you felt in the comments. Thank you for reading!