CHAPTER 13: QUARTET

To all the men who think women can't drive, Akanksha's driving skills was a slap to their faces and beliefs.

Throughout the journey of one hour, that too till an extent inside the forest, Akanksha was composed. From the bustling city to the forest area, Akanksha drove very calmly despite several close calls she received from other people in the road.

Ananya sat next to Akanksha whereas Dhruv and Aayush sat in the back seat. Akanksha filled in Ananya with what happened. Dhruv looked at Akanksha from his side as he was sitting right behind Ananya.

"Oohh okay.. Dhruv sir, do you remember me?" Ananya asked excitedly.

"Remembering you is not a pleasant memory." Teased Aayush in his sarcastic voice.

"Neither are you. I wasn't asking you anyways." She replied with an angry tone.

Both Dhruv and Akanksha stayed silent. Both of them were clueless on why they were arguing but the fight was unbearable for them. Before the argument went further, Dhruv broke in.

"Of course yeah, I remember you. You were with Akanksha at the promotional event. I'm sorry but I didn't even ask for your name. Your good name please?" Dhruv said in a calm and polite tone.

"I'm Ananya" She said with a smile.

"So her name is Ananya" Aayush thought.

Dhruv saw a small smile on Aayush's face. Dhruv concealed a smile and looked away.

Soon, the quartet reached the sets. They were warmly welcomed by the members.

"Oh, what a wonderful sight! All four of you together!" Said Director Neelam with a gleaming smile.

Dhruv, Akanksha, Aayush and Ananya looked at each other with confusion and managed an akward smile as none of them understood the director's words. However, the Director was very polite and treated them with great hospitality. Dhruv and Aayush began to think whether all Coimbatore people were this good.

Soon enough, the makeup began. Dhruv's character was based on a crown prince, so he had a few touchups to his face and lots of jewellery.

Akanksha and Ananya were once again assigned to work on Dhruv whereas Aayush sat behind Dhruv in the small bed in the room, working on his laptop.

Akanksha as usual worked calmly with her stoic face on with Dhruv staring at her whereas Ananya and Aayush kept making sarcastic faces at each other in between. Everytime they argued, Dhruv and Akanksha looked at each other and gave an expression that said; we're so done with them.

One week passed. All four of them traveled together everyday. In that one hour, Aayush and Ananya would fight, whereas Dhruv would look at Akanksha driving. Throughout the week, Akanksha didn't speak much to Dhruv. Only while working or only when Dhruv asked something, she simply replied. Dhruv was struggling to get closer to Akanksha.

"The shoot tomorrow will be at around 12 am." The director announced.

Dhruv, Akanksha and Aayush got ready and were ready to leave at 11pm the next day.

"Where's Ananya?" Dhruv asked Akanksha.

"I'm not sure. She should've been here by now." Akanksha replied concerned and called her.

"Something came up. I'll reach the sets soon. You guys go ahead first. I'll come in a taxi." She said. Ananya's tone displayed sorrow, but Akanksha didn't want to ask further on the call.

"Okay fine then, when you catch a taxi to come, send me the car number, the drivers name and any other details. Call me when you reach." Akanksha said and cut the call.

"I guess we'll have to go ahead first. I feel like something's up with her. She'll come in a while." Akanksha answered the boys and the three left to the set.

It was a chilly night. The shoot took place at a little deep into the dense forest. At the set, Akanksha started searching for something in her bag.

"Oh shit." She said.

"What happened?" Dhruv asked.

"I forgot to carry the foundation. Its the base. I can't work without it. " She said with disappointment.

"Try calling Ananya. She might have not left yet." Dhruv suggested.

"Oh yeah right!" Akanksha replied and immediately called Ananya.

"Hey Ananya, have you started already?" Akanksha asked.

"Not yet. I'm about to. Why?" She asked.

"Can you go to my house and grab the foundation from my room? I left it by mistake." Akanksha asked and Ananya agreed.

Ananya went and grabbed the foundation from Akanksha's house and took a taxi.

"By the way, the shoot is deep inside the forest. I don't think the taxi will come in that much." Dhruv said.

"She'll probably have to take a walk from the tea shop where the forest begins." Akanksha said. She had a sense of worry in her voice.

"All alone?" Asked Aayush.

"Dhruv can't go anyways. I'll have to go then. I'll have to pick her up from the tea shop and walk in." Akanksha replied.

"I'll go instead. It's pretty dark. It would be better if I went." Aayush suggested. Both Dhruv and Akanksha nodded in agreement.

Ananya got down from the taxi a few meters away from the tea shop.

"Ivlo dhanga madam poga mudiyum. Idhukku mela vandi pogathu. Neenga erangikkonga." The driver said.
(I can only go this much. The car won't go further. You should get down here.)

Ananya got down and began walking. The road was completely empty, with no signs of people. As Ananya walked, she began to feel someone's presence behind her. Panic built rapidly into her. The footsteps began to come closer. Ananya began to walk faster. As Ananya walked rapidly with fear, she heard a voice from a short distance.

"Oii Ananya! Do you know how long I've been sitti--"

A panicked Ananya, who was happy to see a familiar face, ran towards Aayush and hugged him. Aayush's voice instantly fell. He saw someone shady behind her run away. He ran away as soon as he saw Aayush.

Aayush was about to follow him, but Ananya's grip wasn't letting him step forward. Aayush looked down at Ananya. She was holding him very tightly. His heart was pounding faster than his will. With reluctance, he moved one hand to her head and the other to her shoulder. Tears flowed down Ananya's eyes silently, wetting his jacket. Aayush patted her head saying nothing. He understood that she was scared.

After a few minutes, Ananya let go and moved away from Aayush. Her eyes were swollen from the crying.

"Where's your jacket? It's chilly here." Aayush asked. His tone was very soft, unlike the way he spoke generally to Ananya.

"I was in a hurry, so I forgot to get one." She replied. The crying caused her a noseblock, so her words weren't exactly clear. She didn't meet Aayush's eyes.

Aayush removed his jacket and gave it to her. "Wear it." He said.

Ananya took the jacket and wore it. "Let's go." Aayush said.

To be continued

To be continued...
--------------
Hope you guys liked this chapter. Please vote and comment on how you felt about this chapter. Thank you for reading!