CHAPTER 36: TRUTH REVEALED

At Paramdham, Anasuya once again recieves a pigeon letter at night.

This time, it was a drawing. A drawing of Yashasvini. Below that, a small detail was written.

"Boarded on the ship from Amaravati. Got shot by an arrow in Satavahana. " The message said.

Anasuya got disappointed. However, the first part did brighten her mood.

Maybe it's time to use my trump card.

Meanwhile, Ram hadn't slept all night during Yashasvini's treatment. He kept pacing back and forth restlessly, still wondering why she took the arrow for him.

I should've stopped her. Why was I so careless? Now she's hurt because of me.

The next morning, when the physician came out, after hearing what happened from her, Ram ran inside to see Yashasvini.

Ram kneeled down beside her bed. He gave Dhrithiman the blueprint.

"Give this to guru Markhandeya after I tell you to. Keep it with you until then. And also check who was behind this attack." Ram said. His voice was filled with anger.

"Okay brathashri. I'll go to guru Markhandeya now." Dhrithiman said and left to find who was behind the attack.

Ram sat next to Yashasvini day and night, waiting for her to wake up. He decided not to move away until she woke up.

You have to wake up to answer my questions! You have to wake up to save her! Please!

After 4 days, Yashasvini finally regained consciousness. Ram was sleeping next to her bed opposing her from his chair. The morning sun shined over his face.

Yashasvini grunted as she tried to sit up. Her ankle had become better due to the continuous rest. Ram woke up gradually and saw Yashasvini. His eyes were filled with happiness. He stared at her blankly.

"Are you okay?" Yashasvini asked.

"I should be asking that." Ram said.

Ram bent forward and gently side hugged Yashasvini. He wanted to hug her tight but he made sure that he didn't hurt her wound. Yashasvini blushed for a brief moment, then returned the embrace.

After a few moments, Ram moved away realising that he made it akward for her.

"Why'd you take that arrow? What if something happened to you?" Ram asked, now upset about her carelessness.

"Why'd you come back when you were going forward just fine and unharmed? That's what friends are for." Yashasvini asked back.

"I seriously can't win arguments with you. We definitely are friends now." Ram said as he chuckled. Yashasvini managed a weak smile.

"Prithvi, I think it's time I told you the truth. I believe in having friendships that have no secrets. Moreover, you have protected and helped me several times." Yashasvini said.

"What are you talking about?" Ram asked puzzled.

"Don't get startled. I... My name is not Pavitra. I'm Yashasvini, the princess of Amaravati." Yashasvini revealed.

Ram's expression fell.

Princess of Amaravati?

"I came to Satavahana to save my sister Anagha from Vidhurak who has been using her for entertainment.  Fortunately, he doesn't know she's a princess yet." Yashasvini continued and ended.

Ram stared at her blankly, digesting the facts. A princess from his enemy kingdom? But he also couldn't come to the conclusion that she's a bad person just because she came from his enemy's place. Ram didn't believe in that. He believed that people are solely judged by their actions and intentions.