CHAPTER 25: RAM & YASHASVINI

"You were worried about me? Why?" Yashasvini asked, surprised by his words.

"Well, I exactly won't say worried, but you're a punctual person and you weren't there on time to change my medicine cloth. I found you irresponsible so I came to ask you to do it." Ram lied in a stern voice.

"Irresponsible? What do you even know about me that you're calling me irresponsible?!" Yashasvini asked. Her voice was calm but stern.

"Well, that's not what I meant, but I think I came right on time. Who was he and what was he doing inside your cabin?" Ram asked, changing the topic.

"He's been eyeing me since the day I boarded the ship. He even tried to talk to me the previous time but I neglected him. After that, he came behind me like a mad dog. Today, he knocked the door and when I opened it, he just jumped in and tried to harass me despite my strong efforts." Yashasvini replied and she held her wrists. They had marks on it.

Ram noticed her silently swallowing the pain and hiding her wrists by putting them behind her back.

"You're quite brave. You knew to raise your voice against him for your self respect. I respect that. By the way aren't you going to apply any medicine to your wrists?" Ram asked.

Yashasvini was surprised by the man's concern. She couldn't believe that a man who didn't trust her at all and whom she didn't trust at all was concerned about her well-being.
She was also quite stunned about how he respected her bravery despite considering her an enemy.

"Well, physical medicine won't work anyways. The wound is on the inside, so it'll be fine if I take rest." Yashasvini replied with a smile.

"Anyways, I'll tie your cloth again. Sit down." Yashasvini said.

Ram sat down as Yashasvini moved around to get the medicine. She tied the cloth.

"By the way, let me know if that man ever disturbs you again." Ram said.

"Why would I let you know? Will you do anything to him?" Yashasvini asked.

"Maybe, but I'll make sure he doesn't disturb you." Ram replied.

"And why would you do that for me? I know that you won't help me without reason." Yashasvini asked.

"Because you saved my life. I'm currently indebted to you and I hate staying in debt, so I prefer ending it soon." Ram replied in a stern voice.

"Sure." Yashasvini replied briefly in a stern voice.

She finished her work and Ram left the room. Ram could tell she was mad, but he didn't care anyways. He was more concerned about making a strategy to invade Satavahana.

The next day, the ship made a brief stopping. It was general for the ship to take breaks in between and stop for a while. People inside the ship could get down and come back in a while.

Almost everyone got down the ship. It was breakfast time so everyone went to eat something. As Yashasvini got down, she realised that she had very less money. Someone had stolen the rest. She needed the rest for the journey too.

She also had to buy some medicines as she had used them on Ram. Yashasvini went around the city to get medical supplies first. She decided not to eat as it wasn't more important than the medicines.

Ram and Dhirthiman went to the food stall right next to the medical shop.

"Pavithraji, are you not going to have any food?" Dhrithiman asked as he came out after getting his food and he sat beside Ram.

"Ah, I'm not hungry. I only have money for the medicine too. Someone stole half of money so I can't afford to eat now." Yashasvini replied with a smile.

"Chorni ka hi chori hogaya! Kya baath hai." Ram said.
(Someone stole from a thief? What a surprise.)

Yashasvini glared at Ram for his comment. She was definitely offended. She turned away angrily.

"If not having money is the issue, how about I buy you some food?" Dhrithiman suggested.

"What are you doing?" Ram murmured nudging Dhrithiman. He simply ignored him.

"Oh, it's completely fine. I can manage. I'm not hung--" Before Yashasvini could finish, her stomach grumbled.

She simply looked away. Ram giggled at her ridiculous lie.

"Please consider it as your payment for treating my brother. I insist." Dhrithiman said.

A hungry Yashasvini just decided to accept the offer. She sat down next to Dhrithiman who got up to get her food, leaving Ram and Yashasvini together.

"If you wanted us to buy, you could've just asked. Why'd you lie that someone stole you money? Atleast lie in a believable manner." Ram said with irritation.

"To begin with, I wasn't lying. Someone really stole my money. I'm here spending money on your medication rather than my food, so atleast be respectful. " Yashasvini asked calmly.

"Well did I ask you to do that? Why are you doing this anyways?" Ram asked annoyed.

Yashasvini thought for a minute.

Seriously, why am I buying medicine for him rather than eating for myself? No. I'm buying medicine because I ran out of it and I'll need it in my journey.

"B-because you're my patient. It's my duty as a vaid." Yashasvini replied.

Ram just turned away.

"By the way, where are you going?" Ram asked.

"I'm going to Satavahana." Yashasvini replied.

"Oohhh you gonna steal something from there?" Ram asked jokingly.

It simply pissed off Yashasvini.

"You call me a thief one more time, you'll see the worst side of mine." Yashasvini said. The annoyance on her face was clear as daylight.

Ram smirked and turned away. Soon Dhrithiman came with her food and the three sat together.

"Sahasyaji, you're such a well spoken man. How come your brother speaks to me in this manner everytime?" Yashasvini asked.

Ram glared at her. Yashasvini smiled at him sarcastically and turned back to Dhrithiman.

"That's because you're way too annoying and suspicious." Ram replied before Dhrithiman could answer.

"So you think you're any less? Looking at you doesn't make me feel euphoria either." Yashasvini replied.

Before the argument could continue, all the three heard someone scream.

"Help!" The man screamed as he ran with his stomach bleeding towards the food stall.

To be continued....
----------------
Hopefully you guys liked this chapter. Please vote and comment because support helps me write. Thank you for reading!