Two

"I heard the weather is supposed to be weird for the next few days. It might rain one day and the next it might be over one hundred degrees."

"Could we talk about something less boring, perhaps?" The guy driving groaned. He had taken off his sun glasses and drove as if Aiden and I weren't just chased by two psychos.

I crossed my arms and let out a long sigh. It's not my fault I tend to talk a lot when I'm bored. At first it was weird being in here, but now it's just boring. If I ever really get kidnapped, hopefully my kidnapper will just get annoyed with me and take me back home.

"Just shut up and drive, Alex." Aiden responded then looked at me. "Seriously, why are you talking so much?"

"Well, being stuck in here isn't exactly entertaining and I have a tendency to talk a lot when I get bored." I said honestly. "Where are we going anyways? I need to get home and feed my dog."

"We weren't going anywhere specific." Aiden said, looking out the window then. He pursed his lips as if he were thinking hard about something.

"I still don't understand why you had to drag me along with you. That was your problem, not mine." I said. "I'd like to go home now." I have too much homework and I can't waste time doing absolutely nothing.

Aiden leaned forward and looked at Alex. "Just drive to your house, Alex and I'll take her home after."

About ten minutes later, Aiden was in the driver's seat and I was sitting in the passenger's seat. Aiden asked for my address and I reluctantly told him. He then glanced at me and smirked. "I live on the same street."

I crossed my arms. "It's a decent neighborhood."

"Are you always like this, or did I catch you on a bad day?"

"I'm not always like this. But when you drag someone along in a speeding car with two guys chasing after you, wouldn't your mood turn sour also?"

He looked at me again then back at the road. "Nice shirt by the way." He said, totally disregarding my question.

My gaze shifted down to my Led Zeppelin shirt then back up to him. "Thank you. And my house is the second to last one right there." I pointed it out to him.

He pulled the car up in front of my house and I unbuckled my seat belt. "Well, it was just lovely meeting you, Aiden. I doubt we'll ever talk again, so have a nice life." I smiled and nodded at him. I hustled out of the car and rushed into my house.

I was met by my Pomeranian, Sassy, at the door. I picked her up happily and smiled. "Let's get you some food!" I said in an embarrassingly girly voice.

After Sassy was fed, I ran upstairs to my room and started on my homework. My mom was still at work so I had a few more hours to myself. My dad left when I was about three, so I don't remember much about him and mom doesn't talk about him often.

My walls were covered with band and movie posters, paintings, and drawings. My favorite posters display the bands The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Def Leppard, Fleetwood Mac, and Nirvana. I plugged my iPod into the dock and let Elton John's song Rocket Man softly play throughout my room. A little background music helps me concentrate on my homework. But today was different. My mind was racing with questions due to the events that when on this afternoon. The side I saw of Aiden didn't seem to live up to the reputation everyone says he has.

When I woke the next morning, I was physically and mentally tired. My body was running on about four hours of sleep and so my morning started off slower than usual. Once I was ready to leave, I made sure I had everything I needed for the day. I dragged myself outside and locked the front door behind me. The air was cool but felt good against my skin. I started to walk down the sidewalk to my next destination: Hell. Or in other words, school.

Once I entered the main building, I cerebrally prepared myself for the day. As I weaved my way around everyone, I realized Fairfield is the stereotypical high school you would see in movies. We have our over-confident football players and our snobby cheerleaders. Then we have our soccer players and our volleyball players, who are generally nicer than the football players and cheerleaders. Of course we have our basketball and baseball players, but their seasons haven't started since it is only fall.

We also have the typical high school 'it' girl: Nicole Sanders. She's not the cheer captain, but she is Fairfield's own student body president. I've heard many things about her. I've heard she can be a sweet person, but get on her bad side and she can be a major bitch. She also has her boy toy to hang onto. This would be the football teams own running back, Ryan Dixon. Every girl in school drools over him and his perfect smile and his blue eyes that contrast with his dark brown hair. I've heard it's hard to hate him because of his warm personality. I have never talked to either of them, so I can't make solid conclusions about them.

I have no clique I belong to. I am my own person and I'm perfectly fine on my own.

When lunch rolled around, I made a quick stop at my locker to put away a text book. Once it was nicely shoved into my locker, I shut it and started to walk in the direction of the library. As I was walking through the hall, I heard a crashing noise that made me jump in surprise. I glanced around to locate where the noise came from, but everything seemed intact. I continued to walk and I heard the noise again. This time I rounded a corner to the next hallway but stopped dead in my tracks when I saw Aiden and another guy, who was currently on the floor in front of Aiden. The guy on the floor, I immediately noticed, had a bloody nose. He stood up swiftly and leaned against the lockers next to him. I could clearly see his already forming black eye and busted lip. My gaze shifted to Aiden and saw his clothes were disheveled and he had a bruise forming on his cheek.

Were no teachers around to hear them fighting?

Aiden delivered a deadly glare to the guy until he finally spoke. "I'm done here."

The stranger pushed himself off the lockers and headed in my direction. I hid behind the corner as Aiden's human punching bag left down another hallway. I leaned against the wall and released a breath I had been holding.

"How much did you see?"

I jumped and looked to my right where Aiden was now standing. I was at a loss for words since he caught me off guard. I blinked and cleared my throat. "I didn't-I mean, I just got here." I stammered.

"You didn't see anything, right?" He stepped closer to me.

I nodded. "Right."

He walked around me and I sighed in relief. He was now living up to the reputation everyone says he has. I don't think I wanted to know what else he does in his spare time to keep that rep up. Once my legs were able to move, I continued down the hall to the library.

^---Daren Kagasoff as Aiden Callaway---^

Edited as of 7/14/15