Sixteen-Vandalism is Bad

Our first wedding rehearsal was this coming Tuesday. It was supposed to be last week, but Anna changed it because of pictures getting in the way.

It was now Sunday morning. My mom left to go grocery shopping. She claimed we needed more healthy food instead of buying junk food. Which was a load of bull crap to me. We do have enough healthy food. I think she wants me to eat healthier so I don't gain weight and not fit into my dress.

I was currently sitting on my couch, eating a Hershey's bar, and watching The Big Bang Theory. Oh how I love Sheldon. He was hands down my favorite character.

My phone buzzed next to me and I groaned. It's probably mom, I thought. I picked up my phone and glanced at it. It was a text from Lucas. He and I had exchanged numbers sometime during the photo shoot on Thursday.

'Hey Riley, wanna hang out today?'

I frowned. Lucas was nice and all, but I'm watching The Big Bang Theory...Wow I am pathetic. Blowing someone off to watch a show on TV.

C'mon Riley.

My thumbs roamed over the keyboard on my phone before I actually started typing my message back. 'Sure. What do you wanna do?'

I smiled to myself. See? I could go out and socialize with people. My phone buzzed again and I looked down at it.

'We could see a movie'

A movie would be fine. I agreed and Lucas told me he'd pick me up around 4. It was almost 3 now, so I had plenty of time to get ready.

***

"So what movie are we seeing?" I wondered out loud. I was sitting next to Lucas in his car and he was driving us to the theater.

He shrugged. "Whatever is fine with me."

"What do you want to see?" I asked instead. I hate it when people say they don't care what movie we see. We all want to see a certain movie.

"I wanted to see Fast & Furious." He said, smiling. "What about you?"

I did not want to see Fast & Furious. But I wasn't going to tell him what I thought. "I haven't really paid attention to the movie trailers lately, so I don't know what's out."

"We can decide when we get there then." He said.

We fell into an awkward silence. I stared out the window and watched as we passed different stores and neighborhoods.

"Are you excited for the wedding?" Lucas asked, breaking the silence.

I looked at him and shook my head. "Not really."

"You're not?"

"No. I didn't want to be in the wedding in the first place, but my mom made me do it." I told him. I noticed we were pulling into the parking lot at the theater and my eyes scanned over the movie posters.

"The Great Gatsby." I whispered excitedly. The book was absolutely amazing to read. When I saw the previews of the movie, I promised myself I would see it. I completely forgot that it was out.

Lucas parked and we both got out. "So, The Great Gatsby?" Lucas asked me.

I blushed. "You heard me?"

"It wasn't exactly a whisper." He laughed. "I wouldn't mind seeing it. It actually looked pretty interesting."

"Then off to buy tickets!" I exclaimed. We walked towards the building and made our way inside.

I had only been to the theater a few times. Lame, I know. I almost forgot what it looked like in here. I glanced up and around to take in the surroundings. A group of girls passed by me and gave me weird looks.