Seventeen-The Real Riley

Aiden drove into my driveway and parked. He turned his body and looked at me. But he didn't say anything.

I felt awkward with him staring at me. "Is there a reason you're staring at me like that?" I asked as I grabbed my bag.

He shrugged. "There might be a reason."

I raised my eyebrow. "You're talking in riddles Aiden." I don't understand why he has to be so confusing. It's really frustrating.

He chuckled. "Well, I hope you had as much fun as I did."

"I'll admit that it was fun." I assured him.

"Possibly more fun than staying home and watching Star Wars?" He questioned.

"I don't think we're there yet." I shook my head. I mean, what could top Star Wars??

"Damn." He said. "Well, that just means that there will be more fun activities for us to do in the future." He had a slightly evil glint in his eye.

I nodded. "Sounds appealing."

"Oh, it will be." He grinned.

Silence fell between us. For some reason I found myself not wanting to leave the car just yet. I let my mind wander for a few seconds before I looked back at him. "Aiden?"

"Yeah?" He glanced at me.

"Are you staying at home?" I asked him curiously. Him and his dad have been bickering a lot, so I was curious to see if he was currently living under the same roof as his dad.

Aiden shook his head. "I'm staying with Alex for a while. I think my dad knows that's where I'm staying though." I nodded, understanding. "Why, do you want me to stay over here at your house?" He asked, smirking suggestively. "I'm sure we'd have a lot of fun-"

"I am not asking you to stay over!" I exclaimed. I felt myself blushing at his innuendo as he laughed.

He gave me a cheeky smile. "I'm just kidding Riley. No need to freak out." He laughed some more. "It's okay if you're having dirty thoughts about me-"

"I'm getting out of the car now." I said as I grabbed the door handle.

Aiden's hand shot out and grabbed my own hand. "Wait."

My heart was pounding as I looked down at our hands. "What?"

Realizing that he had grabbed my hand, he let go and scratched the back of his neck. "So, you wanna meet up again tomorrow after school? We can have more of my kind of fun." He smiled.

I didn't know if I had anything planned for tomorrow afternoon. "I'll think about it." I answered him. I got out of the car and shut the door behind me.

I walked up to my front door and pulled out my key. Someone's hand covered mine and pulled the key from my grasp. I turned around and saw that I was face to face with Aiden. How did he get out of the car without me hearing him??

"You'll think about it?" He asked me.

I nodded slowly. "Yes." I leaned against the door and crossed my arms. He had my key in his hand still.

"What could be more important than spending an afternoon with me?" He inquired.

I laughed slightly. "A lot of things."

"Oh yeah?" He took a step towards me. "Like what?" His face was only a few inches away from my own. My breath caught in my throat.

"Th-things." I stuttered. His eyes bored into mine and all I could do was stare back at him. I noticed his eyes were a nice brown color. Almost like chocolate.