Nineteen-Rehearsals

After lunch, everyone was buzzing in the hallway. They were probably talking about Ryan breaking up with Nicole earlier. I heard a girl talking about it in the bathroom, and it sounds like Ryan embarrassed her pretty badly. I was trying really hard to stay away from her since she might be on a rampage.

As I was walking to my next class, I felt someone's presence next to me. I smiled when I looked over and saw who it was. "Can I help you Aiden?"

"Yes you can actually." He nodded. "Wanna hang out again after school?"

I was about to agree when I remembered I had the rehearsal tonight. "I would like to, but there's the wedding rehearsal tonight..." I trailed off.

His expression darkened. "Right. Somehow I keep forgetting you're in the wedding also."

"So do I." I muttered. "Maybe tomorrow?"

He shrugged. "Maybe." Then with that being said, he went his separate way.

I frowned but then brushed it off.

***

"No, Max you stand here next to Halle. Drew, stop messing around! This is serious!" Anna exclaimed at them. She seemed stressed out, which was understandable. From what I've seen on TV, brides tend to turn into bridezillas when their wedding is in less than a week. "There. Nobody move. This is where you're all going to stand while I'm walking down the aisle."

So far we have covered the order that each couple will come out. Lucas and I are last. Then Anna showed us the speed in which we need to be walking. It can't be too fast and it can't be too slow. I had a huge headache and hearing all of this wasn't helping me at all. I didn't know weddings could be so complicated.

Anna stood in front of us all and crossed her arms. "I do not want anyone messing around while you're up here. People's attention will not only be on me and Robert, but on the bridesmaids and the groomsmen. So please act professional." She said. "Okay. Since the wedding is on Saturday, I want all the bridesmaids at my house by nine in the morning. You all need plenty of time to prepare since the actual wedding starts at three. And all the groomsmen need to be at Robert's house at ten. Please don't be late. I do not want a rough start."

I sighed silently and looked down at the dress I was wearing. I thought I was going to look silly, but Kelly and Jenna convinced me that this dress looked amazing on me. So that boosted my confidence a little bit. It was a dark blue dress that stopped at my knees. The bottom half had lace flowers. It wasn't too girly, and I actually kind of liked it.

"Our rehearsal dinner is going to be Friday at six in the evening at my house. Everyone is invited." Anna gave us a smile.

After the rehearsal was over, I was waiting outside of the church for my mom. I was sitting on the curb rubbing my head with my hands. Once I got home, I am so taking Tylenol.

I saw Ryan walking towards me. He sat down with me on the curb and sighed. "My mom is turning into a bridezilla."

I chuckled. "She's just stressed."

"She's been going on a rampage at home and it's getting crazy." He shook his head. "I just want this wedding to be over with."

You and me both.

"So do you need a ride? Or are you just going to sit on this curb all night?" He asked me.

"My mom is picking me up." I said. "Thanks for the offer though."

We stayed quiet for a moment before I spoke up. "How did the break up go?"

Ryan groaned. "I thought I could just end things with no problem. I decided that embarrassing her wasn't right. But she brought attention to herself, like she always does."