Fourteen-Nerd Girl

Aiden made me drop Sassy off at home before we went anywhere. I kind of wanted my dog with me, but Aiden would not let me.

We were now walking down the sidewalk in the opposite direction of our houses. It was about sunset which made me a bit nervous. I didn't want to stay out too long especially on a school night. And I had those stupid pictures to do for the wedding tomorrow too.

"You seem worried." Aiden said, sounding amused.

I wrung my hands together. "I'm not worried. Why would I be worried? I'm just walking here with you, when it's almost dark. And not to mention you can be scary. And I'm here alone with you. No I'm not worried at all. I'm not even worried that a killer could come out and murder us. Or that we could get kidnapped at any given moment-"

Aiden's hand shot out and covered my mouth suddenly. I looked over at him with wide eyes. He sighed. "Do I have to do this every time I'm with you?" I shook my head. "Okay good. I'm going to remove my hand and you are not going to continue talking nervously, okay?" I nodded. He removed his hand from my mouth and I took a deep breath.

He looked at me with a questioning look. "What is wrong with you?"

"Did you not hear me rambling two minutes ago?" I asked. "I'm nervous, Aiden."

"Because you think I'm scary and you could be murdered at any moment." He rolled his eyes. "Yes I was listening Riley. But seriously, you shouldn't be worried."

"Maybe I should just go back home. It's already dark out and we have school tomorrow-"

Aiden covered my mouth again and sighed with frustration. "I thought I wasn't going to do this again." He said. "Now listen to me. I'll have you home no later than nine thirty. That gives us about two hours to do something fun, on my terms."

Nine thirty? That was about the time I went to bed... "Fine." I said. "It can't be anything dangerous or life-threatening though."

"Really? Because I was going to take you to juggle guns and stuff but I guess that's out of the question." He said sarcastically.

"You know, your sarcasm is not appreciated." I snapped at him.

Aiden rubbed his face with his hands. "Maybe this wasn't a good idea. You're already pissing me off."

"Let's just turn around. This isn't going to work." I said. Aiden was annoying me now and I just want to go home. I twisted around and started to walk away.

My eyes widened when two arms wrapped around me and lifted me up in the air. Aiden had thrown me over his shoulder and continued to walk.

"Aiden!" I shrieked. "Put me down now!" I yelled as I hit his back.

Two people walked past us and gave us weird looks.

"Sorry. She's not all there right now." Aiden said to them.

I smacked him again. "You are mean, and careless, and rude, and...and mean!"

"You said that twice Riley."

"I don't care. Put me back down this instant."

I heard him sigh. He set me down carefully and chuckled when I crossed my arms over my chest. I was not happy with him right now and I wasn't going to take this.

"You aren't scary when you're mad you know." Aiden continued to laugh at me.

"Aiden, I'm going home." I said to him.

Aiden pursed his lips. "Okay, okay just calm down." He said. "Maybe we can do this another time. You're obviously not going to cooperate with me right now, so let's go back."