Nine-The Party

The music being played at the party location could be heard down the street it was on. I don't know how they could even have this party without neighbors complaining. They must be used to it or something.

Kelly squealed once the house came into view. "I'm so excited!"

I'm not.

At least I didn't have to wear a dress. But these jeggings were like skin tight on me and this shirt is exposing my shoulders, which isn't really me. I didn't feel like me right now.

We pulled into a space between two cars about two houses away and got out. Kelly grabbed my arm and smiled. "You'll have fun Riley. I promise."

"Have you ever been to a party before?" I asked her.

She smirked. "Once or twice. But don't tell Ryan or Jenna. They'd kill me if they found out I was here."

Kelly is only sixteen, two years younger than me, and she's already been to her first party.

We walked up to the house and entered without even knocking on the door. This definitely isn't a good idea!

The inside of the house was packed with bodies. People were dancing in a certain area with the music blaring next to them. Others had drinks in their hands and were talking to their friends. Laughter was heard everywhere.

I noticed a small blonde girl at the top of a staircase with a drink in her hands. She was swaying as she stood there and laughed at something a guy told her. She handed her drink over to him and nodded. That was when she lifted her shirt and exposed her chest to everyone in view.

I turned away and shook my head. She'd regret that tomorrow when she finds out it's all over the internet.

Kelly looked at me and grinned. "You want a drink?"

"Are you going to drink alcohol?" I asked her, raising my eyebrow. "You're only sixteen."

She rolled her eyes. "Are you going to act like my mother all night? Or are you actually going to let loose and just have fun?"

How is getting drunk and acting like a moron fun? "I'll get one later. You go ahead." I told her so she wouldn't get mad at me. Of course I won't actually get a drink.

She went off with some other girl in a different direction and I sighed. Well, now what do I do?

I walked towards a wall where no one was standing. I stood out of the way of everyone and tried to make myself invisible. I had a feeling I was not going to enjoy tonight.

A guy with short brown hair walked up to me. I noticed his green eyes right away. He offered me a smile. "Hey."

I frowned a bit. "Hey." I looked in another direction, hoping he'd get the hint that I didn't want to talk to him. But he didn't.

"Do you want a drink?" He asked as he stood next to me.

I didn't look at him. "My friend went to get me one." I lied.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

I squinted my eyes at him. "Yes, I'm sure."

"So what's your name cutie?"

Oh god, please help me.

"Riley." I answered simply.

He held out his hand. "I'm Lucas."

I stared at his hand before reluctantly taking it.

"So, are you having a good time?" He asked me. Trying to make conversation, are we?