Chapter 23

Ingrid and I were at an age where we're curious about sex. But, I honestly did not have any intentions of doing it with her until we're both wearing wedding bands on our fingers. And those wedding bands were the very reasons why I was trying so hard to excel in school because I want them on our fingers ASAP.

"Phone?" my girlfriend asked while adjusting the collar of my shirt.

I patted the Gucci sling bag that she gave me. "Here."

"Nand'yan din ang wallet, ID, hanky, alcogel?"

I nodded smiling. "Yes, and some candies, too, like you said."

"Good. Bottled water just in case you get thirsty?"

I shook my head.

She instantly frowned. "Paano kung mauhaw ka?"

"Ayoko namang ihi ako nang ihi. But just in case, I know the bus has bottled water for sale kaya bili na lang ako d'un."

"Okay—look, they're taking the Dynamo trophy..."

I turned to watch four men as they carried the trophy toward one of the buses.

"Dinadala kasi 'yan d'un sa venue tuwing conference, Kisses. Alam mo bang the star on top of it is made of real gold?"

"It is?" my girlfriend said.

"Oo. And if a school wins for five consecutive years, sa kanila na 'yung trophy and a new one is made."

"O, h'wag mo nang i-pressure lalo ang sarili mo. I know you'll do everything you can so St. Bernadette can keep the Dynamo."

"I will try my best."

She took off the scarf that she was wearing around her neck to loosely drape it around mine.

"And I was wondering why you're wearing a scarf."

"It would have been more romantic if I was the one who spent sleepless nights knitting this for you but I just bought this from Burberry so..."

She gave me a smile and I wanted to kiss her on the lips so bad that I actually took a step back.

"O, anong nangyari sa'yo?" she asked. "Nahihilo ka ba?"

"No." I shook my head before I gently pinched her cheek.

"Are you sure? Wait, are you hungry? Teka, let me run to the vendo to buy something for you—"

"Hindi na. Hindi ako gutom, I promise."

"Sure?"

"Yes."

"Okay..."

She took off my jacket which she was wearing. "I sprayed some of my perfume on this and I wore it so it would smell like me. Here..."

I took the jacket from her before I pulled her into my embrace.

"Aleph...sobra kitang ma-mi-miss..."

"Dalawang araw lang naman ako d'un, eh..."

"Kahit na. That's still two days without you..."

"Tatawag ako pagdating namin sa venue. Tatawag ako araw-araw pagkagising, during breakfast, during lunch, during dinner, at bago matulog."

"Promise?"

"Oo, I promise."

"Bawal kang tumingin sa ibang babae, ha."

"Opo, nakapikit lang po ako the whole time," I kidded.

She lightly hit me on the shoulder.

"Ma-mi-miss kita..." I whispered.