Chapter 8

Blaire threw orbs at the Archmage, but to their surprise, she was able to dodge the orbs like a large piece of paper. "You think you can beat me? Ha! You're so desperate, and for what? Because a girl you barely know was killed?" Blaire was enraged, the Archamge spoke of Amber as though she was an inanimate object from the past. "I want answers. '' Blaire stood her ground, summoning a sword of light, she pointed the sword at the archmage while her hair flew free. "I want to know who, no, what you are and why you do the horrible things you do." She charged at impeccable speed, catching the Archmage off guard. As her sword grazed past the Archmages cheek, the ArchMage screeched.

She stumbled back as she clutched her cheek, blue blood oozing out like a squashed Blueberry. "Girl, you're going to regret that." The Archmage growled as she threw the dark magic at Ben. Blaire gasped as the orb hit him. Ben slumped to the ground, his hand clutching his chest. "Ben! I'm so sorry, I didn't think she would go after you." Blaire held onto him, and much to Ben's resistance, his cheeks flushed red. Her soft hands were strong, but lay gently on his shoulders. "Blaire! Watch out!" Ben pushed Blaire out of the way as the both tumbled to the side, half a second later the Archmage came crashing down, her long fingernails stuck inside the ground.

Blaire's breath shook, if such a creature could sink their mere fingers into stone, what chance did she stand?As the Archmage struggled to unbound her fingers from the stone, Blaire took this as a chance. She didn't have the power or experience to fight her now, and Ben was in such a bad state. Blaire looked around as Ben was slumped over on her shoulder, she laid eyes on the runes that were on a ledge above us. Looking closer she realised they were gates!

Blaire grunted as she climbed the rocks, her fingers bruised and bleeding from the tips, sweat trickled down her face as she reached the top. She panted as she lay on her back on the edge, she turned her head, Ben was still motionless. "GIRL!" A loud rumbling sound came from below. She jolted upright and dragged Ben to the stone ruin gate. Blaire tried with all her strength to push the door, but it was to no avail. "Ben, what should I do? We'll both die at this rate!" Blaire punched the stone wall, her knuckles split open and blood oozed from them. Suddenly, she remembered her power and walked back away from the stone wall.

As she harnessed power, she closed her eyes, her hair flared up and her eyes hot open with unspeakable force, her eyes glowed pearly white. As she shakily raised her hands, a large beam of light sprouted from her hands, but it reflected off of the rock. The beam shot up to the top of the area and shot the rocks. Suddenly, there was a loud rumble, debris and stone started to crumble down. Blaire's power sparked from her hands as it slowly died down. She slumped helplessly against the gate as rocks crumbled around them. As tears trickled down her cheeks, a hand took hers.

Blaire looked up, Ben was smiling down at her. "Dahlia, look." Ben helped me up, and we saw 2 stars. "So?" I sniffled as I rubbed my tears with my sleeve. "So," Ben pushed the 2 stars inwards, and they popped outwards. Slowly the 2 stars started to twist towards each other, the gears clicking and whirring until finally the 2 stars linked together perfectly. Suddenly the stone gates dragged itself open, dust breaking free from the dark oblivion inside. "No, Absolutely not. " Blaire said as she turned away crossing her arms. "It's either that," Ben said as he pointed at the dark cave. "Or that." Ben said as he pointed at the Archmage breaking herself free as rubble fell around her. Blaire hesitated as she looked at the Archmage, gaining on them. "Go!" Blaire yelled as she grabbed Ben's hand and they ran into the cave. As they kept running, Ben looked back and he saw the stone gates closing, it shut right before the Archmage came through.

Blaire clutched her chest. "My, my chest hurts." Blaire slowed down and gripped her chest, her hair flaying around as wind howled past them in the cave, Blaire fell to the floor. "Hop on'' Ben bent down in front of Blaire. "No...n-'' Blaire slumped onto Ben and he started to run. This cave was doing something to Blaire, and he needed to get her out of here before something worse happened.