chapter 16

Keefe was feeling miserable. He was going to join the neverseen today. They had information about his mom. As much as he hated her, he still had to know what happened to her. So feeling absolutely like wanting to cry, he decided to make a parting gift for foster. She would never know his feelings for her. But that was good. She deserved somebody better. Anyways his parting gift was a transporting crystal hidden in a bead in a necklace. Points for beauty and usability. So swallowing he went to the panakes blossom and waited for her to come. Finally come she did , rocking her blonde hair and an oblivious expression. Keefe was extremely nervous. Even while giving the gift. Basically he wasn't behaving like his usual self. Of bounded this made foster suspicious. So, Keefe removed his green crystal by mistake and let his plan go for a toss. He had to first go back home and then go to the meeting place. However, when he thought it couldn't get any worse, he was wrong . Sophie has grabbed his hand and leaped with him. She was looking at him with a confused look. His brain gave up. The mess was too big. And just when he finally got a plan to take Sophie home and come back here, the neverseen came. They had demanded kenric's cache. He knew the emergency code due to hearing Fitz find it out from Foster's brain. And of course he could mimic her voice perfectly. However, while agreeing to this deal he had promised to himself that he will get something of greater value back. So, he got the cache by speaking the passcode. When the neverseen saw that he gave the cache with such little hesitation, they decided to demand more. They wanted him to scar foster with a burning pendant. However, there was no way keefe would do that so he decided to use the gift he had made for her to send her back to havenfield. At this fintan just started laughing and told him,"the moonlark doesn't hold any such feelings for you. " Keefe knew that hard truth but he wasn't going to ever give up. So without responding, he just told fintan, "hold up your end of the deal." He was trying to give the neverseen the cold look. However alvar just smiled and told the other neverseen members, "let us get our new recruit to alabestrine."
Fintan nodded and gestured for keefe to hold his hand. Keefe wanted not to touch kenric's killer at all, but it wasn't like he could do anything. So, holding his hand keefe glittered away to a place that looked like an egg on the inside. Keefe wondered aloud,"why such a shape ?" To which Brant responded," this is a very accommodating shape. Though we got this idea from the bloated leader of the blackswan." Keefe understood that they were obviously referring to Mr Forkle. Before he could continue his thinking, fintan interrupted, "Keefe, you will go through the initiation test"
Without waiting for a reply, some masked people dragged him and put him in a room. There were many boxes there and the make of the room was very old fashioned. Just then, the room was lit in fire around him. Then in a gruff voice the guard said ,"You must get out of the room within 6 minutes. If you succeed,you will officially become a member of the neverseen"and then shut the door. Keefe knew that his ability was useless in this situation. So,he used his telekinesis and opened all four boxes. Then he brought the contents closer and examined them. He saw a key and decided to try it on the lock, but he realized that the door was now on the opposite wall and was being covered by the fire. Just then he noticed 2 things, the fire wasn't crackling and unlike most elements, it didn't have emotions. Fire was usually proud but he didn't feel any pride. So....... could the fire be fake ? To confirm his suspicion he put his hand into the fire. He was right, it was just an illusion. So, he confidently walked upto door through the illusion and opened it with the key he had found. He had succeeded, but before he could celebrate, he fainted due to the emotional and physical stress. He barely registered somebody congratulating him.

Hello guys!
My next update will be a sketch.

See ya allllll