Chapter-7

Josh's pov.
It's been a whole week since Miss Williams started working here and all she does is ignore me.
I mean I know Iam a little scary sometimes but I don't bite people.

I call zain and he picks up after a ring.
"Yes sir?". He says.

"Schedule a meeting with cyber security team, I have to discuss something". I say.

"Sure sir, when do you want me to schedule it?". He asks.

"Today". I say and cut the call.
I started doing my work until a knock interpreted me.

"Come in". I say and zain comes inside.

"Sir, meeting is in half an hour". He says and I nod.

"Tell jack to prepare the meeting room". I say looking at my watch.

"Okay sir". He says.

"I'm heading out for some personal work, I'll be back in twenty five minutes maximum, contact me if something happens". I say picking up my coat.

"Sure sir". He says and I walk out of the company and get in my car.

I drive to a flower shop and get a bouquet of lilies and drive to cemetery.
It's Mom's birthday today. I come here to meet Mom every year. Even though Dad celebrates it with us, but I just want to spend time with Mom alone.

I used to be Mom's favourite child, more like I was really close to her.
Asher was close to Dad and Amelia was too young.

I was devastated when I got the news that Mom is no more.
I still hate that day, I hate every moment of it.
And more importantly I hate that boy.
I hate that boy who pushed my mother off the cliff.
He didn't even go to jail because he died the next minute.

"Mom, happy birthday". I say placing the bouquet on her grave.

"You must be missing me, right? Iam sorry that I didn't come to meet you soon, I was really busy. You know what Arvi got married, and Mila, she has a boyfriend now. Both of them betrayed me". I say chuckling a bit.

"Don't worry, Iam not upset. Iam actually happy for both of them. They both found a perfect match for them. Asher just cracked a big deal yesterday, and about Amelia, she is also doing okay". I say smiling.

"I miss you alot Mom. I miss your food, I miss your hugs, I miss your bedtime stories even though I hated those. I miss your singing even though you had such a bad voice. I miss you so much". I say and my eyes tear up a bit.

"Why did you leave us so early? You could have been with us for some more time". I say and a sob leave my lips.

I stop crying as I feel someone's hand on my shoulder.
I look at the person and sigh.

"Why are you here?". I ask.

"Why do you think? Ofcourse Iam here to meet Mom. She was my mother also". Asher says rolling his eyes.

I wipe my tears and take a deep breathe.

"Oh! We got the same flowers for Mom". He says faking a chuckle.

"That's because Mom loved lilies". I say looking at the flowers that were on her grave.

"Are you guys complaining to Mom about me?". We bear Amelia's voice.
We look at her as she was running towards our direction.

"Be careful". We both say at the same time and she chuckles.

She places the lilies on her grave and says.

"Happy birthday Mom". She says smiling at the grave.

"Happy birthday Mom". Asher says in a low voice.

"Mom, were they complaining about me to you? Don't listen to them. I've been a good kid, just how you wanted me to be". She says and we chuckle.

"Don't worry Champ, we were not complaining about you. She already knows how you have been". Asher says pulling her in a hug.

"We miss you alot Mom but don't worry about us. We have been doing okay. You just have to be happy". Amelia says breaking the hug.

"Let's go?". Asher says and we both nod.

"Bye Mom". We all say at the same time and smile.

"Let's go somewhere, it's been so long since we hung out". Amelia says.

"Sorry Ame, I have so much work today, I can't make it". I say.

"Same, I also have a meeting. We are meeting tonight anyway". Asher says.
We cut the cake with Dad today every year.

"Dad is so boring, and all you guys do is talk about work. I hate that". She says sighing but she instantly becomes happy when her eyes set on something more like someone.

"Charlyyy". She says running to Charlotte, Asher's assistant.
Charlotte and Amelia are like best friends.

"Careful Ame or you'll fall". Charlotte says.
Amelia throws her arms around her shoulders and hug her tightly.

"I missed you so much". Amelia says.

"I missed you too". Charlotte says hugging her back.

"Why didn't you come to the club last friday?". Amelia asks her.

Charlotte signals towards Asher while he stared at her.

"Oh God Asher, how can you make her work like a dog? You don't even give her half day even on fridays". Amelia says crossing her arms.

"She works for me, ofcourse I'll make her work". Asher says.

"Typical". Amelia says and rolls her eyes.

"Iam taking her with me today, you can talk to walls". Amelia says dragging Charlotte to her car.

"But She-". I cut him off.

"She won't listen to you. Let them go for a while, Charlotte also needs a break". I say.

"Fine". He says sighing.

"See you tonight". I say and he nods.
We both walk to our respective cars and drive to our respective offices.

I reach my company after ten minutes and walk straight to the meeting room.
Iam already fifteen minutes late.

"Why did he call us here if he didn't want to come?". I hear Miss Lopez's voice as I came near to the meeting room.

"Sir I-". I cut jack off and walks inside the room and everyone stopped talking when they see me.

"Do you have any problem Miss lopez?". I ask staring at her.

"No sir". She says looking down.

I nod my head and say.
"Let's start the meeting".