Chapter-8

Isabella's pov.
The way I tried to hide from Josh smith for the past week should be written in history.
But ofcourse he had to ruin it all, he just called us for a meeting.

And the stupid thing is, we have been waiting for him for so long in the meeting room and there is no sign of him.

He could've just put off the meeting if he had to go somewhere. Such unprofessional person he is.

"Why did he call us if he didn't want to come?". Georgia says frustratingly.

Suddenly the meeting room shut open revealing not to great Josh Smith.

"Do you have any problem Miss Lopez?". He says staring at her.
She looks down and says.

"No sir".

He nods his head and says.
"Let's start the meeting".

He sits down on his chair and crossed his legs.

"How is it going on Mr. White?". He asks in his stern voice.
He sounds so hot by the way.
What are you saying Isabella? He and hot? How can you put those two words together? Have you lost it?

"We are not expecting any break-ins sir, and we are trying to strengthen the system". Mr. White says.

Josh just nods his head and look at Georgia.

"What about you Miss lopez? Did you do the task I assigned you last week? You seemed to be in a hurry some minutes ago". He says changing his tone a bit.

"Sir actually I-". He cuts her off.

"I hear no excuses related to work and you know that pretty well. Either do you job or leave". He says banging on the table and we all flinch a bit.

"Ye-yes sir. I'll complete it today". Georgia says in a low voice.

"And Mr. Martin, did you change the passwords of all our accounts?". He says looking straight at Oliver.

"Only two are left sir, I'll change those right after this". Oliver says and he nods.

"Miss bella, you tell me, what have you been doing for the past week". He says crossing his arms.

"Working...?". I say being obvious.
He started laughing sarcastically.

"Do you think Iam joking here?". He says with a serious face when he stops laughing.

"Sorry sir. I have been doing work that Mr. White assigned to me". I say not daring to look into his eyes.

"And that is?". He asks again.

"Testing security solutions regularly and installing new security systems and configuring it correctly". I say in a breathe.

"You've been doing all of this?". He asks.

"Y..yes?". I say a little doubtfully.

"Then what are you guys doing? Do I pay you all just to sit around in your cabins?". He says in a stern voice.

"Sir we have been doing our work". Chloé says.

"Oh right Miss Martin, I can see how you're doing your work". He says being sarcastic.
Everyone just looks down.
What is happening here?

"Look everyone". He says and everyone looks at him.
"Iam not joking here, As I said before, do you work or leave, I have a list of people dying to work at where you right now". He says intensifying his voice even more.
What is he? A robot?

He get up from his seat and started walking out of the meeting room.

"Miss bella, come to my cabin in five minutes". He says stopping in his tracks.

I nod and he started walking out again.

Now what does he want from me?

Everyone started leaving the meeting room one by one but I just sat there for a minute.

Let's go Isabella, you can't hide from him anymore-I thought to myself and pick files and walk to his cabin.

I knock on the door and he says.

"Come in". God his voice.
I open the door and walk inside.

I just stand there for a while because he decided to behave as if no one is here.

"Why did you tell me to come here sir?". I say gaining his attention.
He looks up from his laptop and says.

"Why can't I?". He says in a bitchy tone.
What is actually wrong with him?

"I didn't say you can't. I just asked why did you". I say after sighing.

"I wanted to ask you something". He says and I nod.

"Why were you hiding from me for the past week?". He says crossing his arms and my eyes widen.
Did he notice?
Wasn't that obvious?-My subconscious mocked me.

"Wh-Why would I hide?". I ask looking at everywhere but him.

"You tell me, why were you?". He asks again.

"No sir, you must have misunderstood. I was not hiding from you". I say trying to sound a bit confident.
Keyword-trying.

"You stayed in elevator for thirteen minutes because I was standing in the corridor, you didn't have lunch the day before yesterday because I was in the cafeteria, how would you explain all of this?". He says crossing his legs.
I gulp my own saliva.

"I......". What should I say now?

"Don't have any more excuses?". He asks raising his eyebrows.
I just look down feeling embarrassed.

"Speak with your head high Miss bella, I don't like people who are weak". He says and I look at him.
He just sighs, uncross his arms, and says.

"You can leave but send Mr. White in my cabin". He says and I nod slowly.

"Words Miss bella, I need words". He says.

"Okay sir". I say and he nods his head.
I walk out of his cabin and take a deep breathe.
What happens to me? Why do I feel so unconfident Infront of him?