Chapter 6: Realization

"Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others."

-Roy T. Bennett

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I might like change now, but I definitely ain't got the hots for the summer. So many insects, the heat is killing me, there's literally nothing good about this. At least you can wear another layer of clothes in the winter to deal with the cold. Why is our classroom equipped with air conditioning, but we're not even using it? This dampness is killing me. I feel like I'm sweating out of my clothes.

As I was internally groaning to myself, I felt my pocket vibrate. Taking out my smartphone, and checking the phone screen, and the last thing I wanted to see popped up.

'You received one new message from Kaede.'

Man, I really don't want to open that. A message from Big Sis? Hasn't happened since like half a year ago, telling me to buy steamed buns on the way home. I got a really bad feeling about this.

No, it's fine. We're in the middle of class right now. She won't be able to complain if I quickly read but not respond. Especially her, who is attending a cram school, shouldn't be able to fault me for that-

'You received two new messages from Kaede.'

I was about to throw my phone. Not good, my phone screen already cracked once earlier this year. If I break it again, Mom will kill me. That is something I need to avoid at all costs. Is she telling me not to ignore her? Alright, I get it already.

'Oi? Hey.'

She was being very impatient. I thought she'd care about her little brothers education enough to NOT bother him in class. Selfish as always.

'Lunch break. Student council office.'

Damn it would I be wrong if I just didn't show up? Eh probably not wise she'll definitely bitch about it to my mom and that's the last thing I need right now.

'If you don't come your punishment will be worst than whatever you can imagine."

'Alright, fine.'

Why is she preparing for a quarrel just like that? I really don't want to go right now. Are we really siblings? She just always wants to start a fight with me.

As I was glaring down at my smartphone, a shadow dropped down on my thighs.

"Sa~jou~kun~"

"I'm terribly sorry."

"That won't do."

Well, I guess this world wouldn't be as naive as that. With another earful from my teacher, I changed into an adult more and more. The class laughed as they watched my pain. Seriously can I just change schools?

•••

Finally I was heading to..

Wait.

Where was the student council office again? With that thought in mind, I wandered around aimlessly. She only said lunch break, so it doesn't matter even if I end up a bit late. But then, I saw something odd in my view.

"That woman...!"

"......"

I spotted a female student, grinding her teeth as she looked inside the classroom in front of the window. From appearance alone, she looked like a gal, thanks to her blonde hair. Despite coloring her hair like that, her hairstyle was fairly docile. That gal-less part of hers brought forth a favorable impression. That being said, I'd rather not get involved with her.