Chapter 18: Assistance

"A helping hand can be a ray of sunshine in a cloudy world."

-anonymous

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sitting at home today because luckily I had a day off from work after basketball I decided to take a shower and take a nap. When I woke up I went to the living room only to find the surprise that my sister is at home relaxing.

Is this even allowed for someone as important as her?

"You sure are taking it easy today. Normally you'd be either at school or cram school."

"So what? Am I not allowed to be home?"

"I never said that.. Hey, calm your leg, no kicking."

What a fearful person she is. And, her clothes are as crazy as always just because she's at home. Are you even wearing something beneath that tank top? Did she lose all her embarrassment at such an age? I feel like she's to exposed. As I was thinking that, I realized that she was practically staring at me, while stirring around her coffee with the straw inside.

"What are you looking at...So embarrassing." I fidgeted awkwardly.

"The day after tomorrow, can you come to school and help the public morals committee?"

"Um...? The public morals committee?"

Why them? Big Sis is in the student council, right. Does she actually have control of the public morals committee as well? Also, why at school?

"The day after tomorrow?"

"6th of August, the third-years are at school, showing the potential new first-years how our school works."

"Oh yeah, we had that...So, what? What does that have to do with the public morals committee?"

Not to mention that things are 100% awkward between me and the dear public morals committee president right now. I really don't want to stay after practice for that. It sucks that I can't use the works excuse since I'm off that day. Not to mention that I already declined the invitation to the public morals committee.

"The school visit, you know. Public morals committee was given reigns on that."

"Eh? Weren't the teachers supposed to handle that?"

"The general framework, yeah. But, the current students are the ones doing the hard carrying. This is what last year's student council decided, and Rin got it all pushed on her."

Last year...When the school supported students from families that belonged to the 'West Side', huh. This school has some weird lore.

"What about the student council?"

"Already way too busy. Anymore than that, and we'd explode."

"That's an exaggeration.."

More and more work, huh. That sounds like hell. Rather than being the institution of students, the student council feels more like an average business. There's not even any employee welfare...

"Why me exactly?"

"I don't want to keep my debt with her."

Are you two actually friends? Well, I don't see Big Sis doing much towards that friendship. Ahh, my chest hurts when I think that Shinomiya-senpai is the only one who thinks of them as friends...I wonder what they're talking about if they're alone...Now I'm a bit curious.

"Rin's been constantly talking about you as of late, so do something about it."

"Huh?"

"I'm saying that you don't want to carry some weird reserves. What kind of reaction should I have if a girl my age is close with my younger brother."