014. THE NEW GIRL

Chapter fourteen

"The new girl."

Valley fest had gone great as they had a whole lot of new students, Jackson was starting to trust Kreese a bit more, seeing as he helped with the stage design and made it a cool rock show, as he stood in front of him along with Aisha and Hawk "you gotta understand the Mogadishu in the 90's was a hellhole. Warlords controlled whole swats of the city. My team and I were charged with cleaning the place up." Kreese shared "how many warlords did you kill?" Hawk asked, as Jackson scoffed "probably lost count." he shared "that's right." Kreese told him.

"Badass." Hawk said, as Jackson nodded "can you tell us more?" he asked him, and when he did, Kreese smiled "alright. They were out gunned, we were outmanned. I tell you..Rwanda was no joke." he shared, as Miguel stood up behind him "don't you mean Somalia?" he asked, as Hawk and Aisha looked to each other, Jackson furrowed his brows as he crossed his arms, Kreese turned to Miguel "Mogadishu is in Somalia, Rwanda's a whole different country." Miguel shared, as Kreese looked back at Jackson, Aisha and Hawk "of course, Somalia." he told them, as he chuckled.

"I spent so much time in the sandbox, it all kind of bleeds together, you know?" he asked "yeah." Jackson told him "listen up!" his dad voiced, as he walked into the room, they all turned to him "I see we've got some new recruits. Everybody fall in." he told them all, as he walked to the front, everyone began moving to find their spot "in neat rows and lines." his dad added on, as they all faced him "time to see what you're made of." his dad shared, as he began to walk through them all, heading toward's the back.

"Straighten up, ginger twins." he said, as Jackson looked at Kreese, he saw him eying everyone in the room, probably deciding if they were truly cobra kai material "sorry, parents can't stay for class. It's an insurance thing." his dad shared "I'm not a dad. I...I am here to kick some ass, sir!" the man voiced, as they all turned their heads to see who this guy "do I know you from somewhere?" his dad asked him "oh, yeah, I told you the mirror. We kind of bonded, talked about rock bands." the guy shared "look, your a little old. This is a class for teenagers." his dad shared.

"Well, I..I can take them." the guy shared, chuckling "I'm not afraid of kids, sir. And..and my mom she doesn't charge me rent, so I just..I got a lot of cash to burn." the guy shared, handing his dad money, his dad took it "we'll consider this a trial run." he told him, as he turned walking back to the front "I thought my last group of recruits was pathetic." he told them, as he made it back to the front, they all turned to him "but if you do what I tell you to do, you'll at least have a chance of becoming a fighter. But to do that, you gotta fight. So, which one of you has the balls to take on the champ?" his dad asked.

As everyone's eyes went to Jackson, nobody said anything or moved forward, as the man exhaled nervously "uh.." he said as he began raising his hand "I'll take him on." a girl said, and when she did, they all turned around, including Jackson, where he then saw a girl with dark roots and blonde ends, as he looked her up and down, he then looked back up at her "no offense, but I don't really do that kind of thing in front of this many people." he shared, smirking, a couple of the guys who understood what he meant laughed.

"I see those girls at valley fest weren't just in it for the muscles, so you can put on a show but can you actually fight?" the girl asked him, as Jackson walked toward's her, and when he did, the girl looked him up and down just like he had done to her "you challenging me?" Jackson asked her "I like a challenge." the girl told him, as she looked back at him, everyone oohed, or whistled around them "alright." Jackson told her, as he turned around, walking away from her, everyone else began moving off the mat.

And when they did, the girl didn't even wait for Jackson to turn back around as she ran at him and kicked him in the back, he barley moved, as he chuckled, turning to face her "really?" he asked, as the girl swung at him, three times, he dodged all of them, as he moved away from her, she kicked at him again, as he caught her foot, the girl then pulled it away from him, as she moved back, Jackson motioned toward's him, as the girl ran at him, she jumped up but as she did, Jackson grabbed her leg and threw her down onto the mat.

"Oh!" everyone voiced, as the girl rolled back, she got back up, and came at him, throwing punches, Jackson was blocking them, as he grabbed her arm and spun her toward's him, her back was against his chest, the girl couldn't get out of his hold, as she kicked her leg back, hitting him in the privates, Jackson let go of her and fell to his knees, he hung his head down as his hair fell into his face, the girl turned looking down at him "didn't see that coming did you?" she asked, as Jackson smirked, looking up at her "can't say that I did." he told her, his voice coming out hoarse 'names Tory with a y." Tory told him.

As Jackson let his head hang back down, Miguel walked up to him, he patted him on the shoulder "I'll go get you some ice." he told him, as he walked off "ah huh." Jackson told him, as his dad and Kreese turned and looked at each other, very impressed with the girl.

When class was over, Aisha and Tory who had become somewhat friends had walked out of the convenient store, and as they did, Tory then noticed the motorcycle and as she did, she then saw the guy she fought today walking up to the bike "what's his name?" she asked, as Aisha smirked "Jackson Lawerence. Kind of the hottest thing in the valley at the moment but you already know that." she shared, as Tory raised her brows, turning from Jackson to look at her "are you.." she was asking her.

As Aisha's eyes went wide "me and him?" she asked, looking to Jackson who was sitting on his bike, she chuckled "no, no, um.." she shared, looking back at Jackson "but you've thought about it?" Tory questioned, as Aisha felt her cheeks heat up as she turned to her "I used too. But he never looked at me like that." she shared, as Tory scoffed "I think he looks at every girl like that." she shared, as Aisha laughed "I just..I mean that girl Sam I told you about? She used to have this crush on him so I never felt like I was allowed to be into him and sooner or later the two dated." she shared.

"So he's taken?" Tory asked, looking back at Jackson "he's single." Aisha told her, as she looked back at Jackson, the two watched as he had his helmet on, he revved the engine of his motorcycle and began backing out of the spot "good to know." Tory told her, smirking, watching as Jackson road off down the street.

The next day, they were all standing in the dojo with their gi's on as they faced his dad "the back thrust kick works like this." he shared, bringing his arms up, he turned to the right "you step, pivot.." he shared, turning to look at them all "throw a side kick." he shared "what if your opponent attacks you from behind?" Hawk asked "excellent question." his dad told them as he turned to the left "sensei Kreese, you wanna take this one?" he asked, as Kreese looked to him "certainly, Sensei Lawerence." Kreese told him.

As his dad stepped away, Kreese stepped forward "the key to this move is making your enemy think you are retreating. But just as they let their guard down...that's when you strike the hardest" he shared, as Hawk and Jackson smirked, Kreese turned and threw a side kick.