𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝟐𝟖

February 22nd, 2006

You swing your legs back and forth as you have one earbud in, listening to some music on your iPod while sitting on the counter in Izana's kitchen. Battling a headache from all the drinks you had last night but you're not gonna complain or else Ran will never let you drink again. The culprit who drank with you that much stands beside you, making himself a sandwich that looks really good and even makes your mouth water.

Tilting your head, you look at him with puppy eyes "Can I have one bite, Mochi?" "Sure. I can also make you one if you want?" He offers but you decline "No, I just want one bite" "If you say so" he shrugs and finishes up before holding it to you "One bite only?" "Yes, just one bite" you hum and take it from him.

His jaw drops on the ground when you bite off a huge chunk from his sandwich "Girl, I thought you meant one bite?!" "That was one bite!" you answer with a hand over your mouth as you're still chewing.

In disbelief he shakes his head and takes the sandwich away from you "You sure you don't want a sandwich too? It's gonna be a long day" "I'm sure" you respond and watch Rindou walking in, getting a glass of water while Mochi teasingly asks "Or do you have a little hangover and that's why you don't wanna eat?"

"No" you lie with a scoff but add a tiny "But I'll never drink again if I feel like this the day after drinking", your brother snorts "You'll survive! When I had my first hangover, I was at the club at night again. Don't be such a weakling now, you didn't even throw up" "Is your liver okay?" You raise an eyebrow at him, making him scowl "Are your ears okay? You're becoming deaf if you keep blasting music into them from your iPod all the time"

"Well, then I don't have to hear the bullshit you're always spouting" you fire back and hop down from the kitchen counter "And don't act like you're any better with your DJ booth", turning into the living room without letting him have a chance to argue more.

"I feel a little responsible that she has a headache" Mochi bites into his sandwich "I was drinking with her so much last night" "As long as she isn't throwing up and Ran doesn't know she's actually hungover instead of just tired, you're good" Rindou waves his hand dismissively before mumbling under his breath "I'm fearing for what's coming later at her.."

The rest of the Tenjiku higher ups are sitting around the living room, discussing a few things since the fight is today but you don't really bother yourself to listen as you just wait for orders. You lock eyes with Hanma for a moment before you turn away and lean down to look into the aquarium, still being pretty amazed by the tropical fishes.

For a moment you watch them swim around in their own little world, thinking about how they most likely will never see the wide ocean or are even aware that the sea exists.

"Can I feed them again, Izana?" You glance over your shoulder to their owner, causing him to interrupt his conversation with Ran and wave his hand "Do whatever you want", a smile spreads across your face and you open the tank before sprinkling some fish food in there.

With a small smile playing on your lips, you watch them swim to the surface and eat the food away. You nearly jump startled when Mucho suddenly stands beside you with his usual stoic expression "Huh?" "Are you going to fight today or will you let your brothers do all the work?" He asks bluntly while you glance over your shoulder and see Sanzu a bit further away, already looking at you.

Frowning a little as you throw some more fish food into the aquarium "Do you think I'm not strong enough to fight?" "I didn't say that" He states as you don't even look at him, only at the colorful fishes and chuckle "Well, I'm a feral animal and my brothers don't have me under control one bit", using the same choice of words he used back then when he bad-mouthed you in front of the Toman division captains during the dispute with Black Dragon. You're petty like that.