"𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐘 𝐈𝐒𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐃"- Lost again with no surprises

____

"Jack's asleep" Aaron announced as he entered the room. Emily was engrossed in a book, sitting on the bed with her legs pulled up. She looked up amused, and lowered the book, placing it beside her. "I know" she replied "I was the one who tucked him in."

Aaron smiled, already aware of the fact. "What are you reading?" he asked, not particularly interested. He kneeled on the edge of the bed, leaning in to untuck her legs and pull her closer to him, Aaron kissed her and in  reaction, she wrapped her legs around his waist, causing them to fall back onto the bed. Aaron made sure not to put all his weight on her as they slowly took up the remaining space in the bed until they reached the headboard.

"I'm supposed to meet Penelope and JJ..." Emily managed to say before he silenced her with another kiss, sealing her lips with his.

"You can cancel" he suggested seriously, lifting her shirt and lowering his face to kiss her body, starting from her exposed stomach and moving upward to her breasts. Emily sighed when he took off her shirt completely. "But I won't" she replied, disappointed to have to stop what he was doing, the way he was making her feel.

"Why?" He left a pattern of gentle kisses on her neck and collarbone while opening her belt and zipper. Emily settled herself on top of his lap which was hard to do with jeans making Aaron straighten his back. "Because I promised" she smiled, breaking the kiss as he ran his hands over her back. "And because I missed them" she added, playfully pushing his chest and lifting herself off him, unintentionally pinning him to the bed as she got up. Putting an end to his attempts to convince her to stay which, if she was being honest with herself, were starting to work.

"You see them every day" he argued, watching as she bent down to pick up her shirt and put it back on. "I see you every day too" Emily laughed. She could admit that she wanted this, but she knew it wouldn't end with just sex. She was certain she would not want to leave the bed, and she really would cancel her plans with her friends, which she didn't want to do.

Aaron sat at the edge of the bed, watching her as she adjusted her shirt. "Just in time" she said when her phone started ringing. She closed her zipper and fastened her belt. Aaron grabbed her wrist before she could pick up the phone from her bedside table and pulled her towards him until she stood right between his legs."Ignore it" he said mischievously, looking up at her and keeping her in place by holding her hips.

There was more to his almost laughable neediness, of course. Aaron just couldn't wait to put that ring on her finger. He had been searching for the right time to propose to her for weeks, and every minute he waited for that right time felt like an eternity because it simply didn't exist. Yesterday was the right time, and now was the right time too—the only thing he needed was for her to stay after the proposal, where they weren't under pressure or limited by time.

"It's probably Garcia" she said, cradling his face with her hands. "Do you want to be the one to answer and tell her I'm not coming?" She knew that option wouldn't please him. He laughed, a laugh she loved so much that it made her join in, they both knew cancelling plans with Penelope Garcia or even giving her bad news was not an option, it would be an act of pure stupidity.

"No, thank you" he said, standing up with her still in his arms. Her hands contributed to keeping their bodies pressed against each other. "That's what I thought" she teased him.

"Answer her. I'll go take a shower" Aaron kissed her cheek lightly. "We'll continue this later" he said, letting go of her. If he found today to be the right day to propose, tomorrow could be too he thought to himself

"We better" she replied, watching him leave for the bathroom and then turning her attention to her phone.

She silently thanked Aaron for not taking her offer to answer the phone as she saw the caller ID. It wasn't Penelope. It was Sean again. The last time he called, they were on a case, and she completely forgot to call him back. Now, it just seemed strange. The only ideas she had about why he called weren't positive. It had been so long since she last saw him.