Chapter 1*

*EDITED*

Waking up was exactly what I didn't want to do. Like every teenage girl I just wanted to sleep the day away, but that wasn't going to happen in this household. Knowing my alarm would not stop till I got up, I moseyed my way out of bed. Yawning, I walked to the kitchen to get breakfast. Seeing as it was about 5:30 in the morning, no one was up. Reaching up, I grabbed some cereal from the cabinet. Then pouring myself a healthy amount and scarfing it down. Once I finished eating, I put my dishes in the sink and started making my way back to my room. Halfway there I walked by my godfather, Owen's, room only to hear his alarm go off and him grumbling stuff as he got up.

Upon reaching my room, I started to get ready for my day working with my velociraptor, Echo, and her siblings. My morning routine consisted of going to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. Most people take showers in the morning instead of night, which I never really understood how. I mean, why would you want to sleep in your own sweat and dirt? Anyway, after that I head back to my room to get dressed and do my hair. I don't really wear makeup, but when I do its just a bit of concealer and mascara.

Once I had my hair tied into a french braid, I went to my closet to pick out some clothing. My outfit for the day consists of a pair of jeans, a black tank top, a black and blue plaid shirt, and lastly black combat boots. Making sure I had my knife hidden, in my boot, my walkie clipped to my belt, my name tag pinned to my shirt, and my bag filled with my necessities as I headed outside. Hopping onto my bike, I took off to the velociraptor's enclosure. Sending the roaring engines echo spiraling down the road.

Upon Arriving, I hopped off my ride and made my way over to Owen and our colleague Barry.

"Hey kiddo, what are you doing here?" Owen asked.

"I'm here to work with Echo. Why else would I be here, on a Friday, at 7 in the freaking morning?" I replied harshly.

Owen ignored my statement and continued. "Weren't you supposed to have the day off. You know what, I still have that VIP bracelet I was given when I started working here. Why don't you use it and go have some fun around the park?" He asked walking over to the cage to get some rats for the raptors.

"Owen, you know I would rather stay here than go into a crowded park filled with people to ignorant to read a stay 'hydrated sign'. Besides, I wanted to work with Echo and the rest of the squad." I replied following him up the stairs to the catwalks over the enclosure.

"Well to bad, I can work with 'the squad' today. You need to have a little you time. All you've been doing since you came to live with me is work. So either you go willingly or I will have to get Barry to drive you there and be your personal guide." Owen turned to me with a serious face and clipped the bracelet to my wrist before getting the raptors attention.

"Alright, How about a deal?. I stay here for an hour then ride to the park and have a whole day filled with sweat covered old people." I negotiated while putting my hand out for a shake.

"Hmm, Deal. But you only have one trick and you're gone for the day." Owen said shaking my hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the raptors chased the pig around the enclosure Owen and I got prepared for the training. Once the pig was safely enclosed and the raptors were positioned in front of us, Owen gave me the signal.

"Okay Guys, lets go." I said walking to another part of the catwalk with the raptors trotting under me. "Good job! head up." I waited for them to do just that. "Great! Catch." I threw a rat for each of them. Which they caught with ease. "Scatter!" I yelled and watched as the well trained raptors run off into the less crowded side of the enclosure.

Upon hearing someone clapping behind me, I turned. Only then was I greeted with the biggest asshat in the world, Hoskins. "What the hell are you doing here Hoskins?" I snapped. Seeing as he was going to open his mouth to make an excuse, I left. In return the old man huffed and walked to Owen.

Making my way over to Barry who was headed to the cage with Owen and Hoskins. I asked what he wanted. "The guy is talking about using the raptors for war. As if they are machines not animals." He replied.

Shaking my head I heard a shout and ran to it. Only to see Owen opening the enclosure. Not thinking I raced over and dove into the enclosure behind him. Holding my hand up, I demanded Raptors to freeze.

"Del, I need you to slowly back into the cage and shut the door." Owen whispered.

"What? Are you crazy? I'm not leaving you." I replied while taking a step forward.

"Delilah just do as you are told for once." Owen demanded as he flicked his eyes to me. Hastily, I backed into the the safety of the pit.

"Blue Back! Delta shut It! Now Del close it." Owen yelled. In return I nodded and closed it. At last minute Owen back flipped into the cage.

Rushing over to him I engulfed him into a hug. "What the hell were you thinking you could have died?!"

"I'm alright, now get to the park before the lines start getting long." Owen replied patting my head with a smile. Giggling I slowly unraveled my arms from around him and started making my way to the near by monorail station. Waving a goodbye to my colleagues as I went.

A/N

Hey Guys! This is my first story I have written so if there are any mistakes please comment or ignore it. Thanks!