Chapter 8*

"Alright Owen when do we head out?" I asked matching his pace.

"What do you mean we?" He asked turning to look at me.

"You know you and me that equals we." I said sarcastically.

"You are not going." He said crossing his arms.

"And why not. The raptors listen to me more than you." I said copying his actions.

"Del you are hurt. So they could turn on you. Not to mention you are 16 and I'm the boss of you."

"I'm fine. I can take riding a bike and shooting a gun." I told him walking to my bike.

"Delilah I thought you where dead when I saw blood and your crush walkie. I want to make sure your safe. Alright?" Owen said cupping my cheek to make sure I was looking in his eyes. Nodding in reply I hugged him before hopping on my bike.

Driving over to Claire, Zach, and Gray. I parked in front of them. Sighing I hopped off and walked it to a nearby tree.

"What's wrong Lilah?" Claire asked.

"Nothing it's just Owen won't let me go." I said looking at her.

"Well you can stay here and protect us." She said guiding the boys and me to an ambulance truck. Opening the doors she huffed. "See. Totally safe. Alright get in." She said before guiding Gray inside.

"If you need me i'll be right upfront. Just open that window." Nodding I started to head into the truck.

"Wait." Zach said grabbing my wrist walking me to the side of the truck.

"What's wrong Zach?" I wondered.

"Seeing as we are about to let out more carnivorous dinosaurs there is a chance that we might not make it." He said looking in my eyes.

"Well there is a chance but I will protect you from the raptors." I said patting his chest and turning to walk away. I was stopped by him grabbing my wrist and him pulling me to him. 

Slamming his lips into mine I froze. After realizing what was happening I closed my eyes and kissed him back. Wrapping my arms around his neck and his around my waist. Breaking apart he rested his forehead on mine.

"You shouldn't be the one protecting us all the time. Let us take some of the damage." He whispered. Giving a nod I smiled and started walking back to the truck.

"Ready?" Claire asked with a smirk as Zach and I jumped in the back with Gray. Sitting in the middle. Zach in the right and Gray on the left.

"Okay put your seat belts on." She said pointing between the three of us. Looking for the seat belts we couldn't find any.

"Oh. Well just hold hands." She said shutting the doors. Once shut Gray held out his hand. Which I took and Zach grabbed my other. Looking at him I blushed. Seeing him smirk I asked what.
"Nothing." He said and continued looking at me.

"Are you guys going to kiss again. If so give me warning." Both of us blushing I looked away from Zach.

"Nothing's getting in here right?" Gray asked Zach.

"Hey. Remember that ghost at the old house. The one in the garage. I protected you then." Zach replied.

"You made a battle axe out of a ruler and a paper plate." He said with a small smile. Making me smile and squeeze Zach's hand in a reassuring way.

"Yeah. So see nothing's going to get you while I'm around. Okay?" He said flashing his eyes to me for a second before returning to gray.

"But your not always going to be around." Gray told him.

"Yeah well. Hey. We're brothers okay? We'll always be brothers and we'll always come back to one another. No matter what." Zach said ruffling grays hair.

"No matter what?" Gray asked.

"No matter what." Zach confirmed. Pulling them both into a hug we sat there for a minute before hearing Owens engine go by. Zach heard also and gave my hand a squeeze. Sliding the screen out of the way we looked at the tablet Claire had that showed what the raptors saw. 

"Your boyfriends a badass." Zach told Claire. Which she smiled to.

Seeing the raptors slow down "They found something." I told everyone in the truck.

"How can you tell." Gray asked.

"Velociraptors are pack hunters the can go as fast at 50 miles per hour when hunting. The slow down to herd their prey. In this case the indominus-rex." I told him still looking at the screen. As Owen and Barry came to a stop Claire started closing the window.

"You know what you shouldn't watch this. The window stays closed." She shut it despise our pleads.

Tapping my feet I slowly started turning to open the window again. Upon opening it I saw the raptors and the beast communicating. 

"Oh god. That things part raptor." I said as the screens turned to Owen. "No oh god Owen. Run." I said using the walkie Owen gave me earlier. The only thing that happened was the soldiers started firing at the dinosaurs. One using a bazooka which missed and lit half the forest on fire.

"Oh my god." Claire said. Seeing the beast run own told the soldiers to watch for the raptors who changed sides.

As the raptors started attacking the soldiers Owen came upon the raptor named Charlie. As they had a stare down a soldier shot a rocket at the raptor causing her to explode and Owen to be thrown backwards. Gasping I covered my mouth with tears in my eyes. Out of all of them Charlie was always my second choice.

Closing my eyes I missed Owen save Barry from blue.  "Is everyone dead?" Gray asked popping his head up.

"No no everyone's fine." Claire quickly lied.

"Don't lie to him." Zach shouted at Claire.

"He's scared! It's okay to lie when people are scared!" She shouted back.

"I want to go home." Gray said.

"Oh sweetheart you will okay. I promise tomorrow you will be home and your mother will never let me see you again." She said before screaming as a hand slapped the window. Shutting the window we tuned to see a guy open the door.

"Their coming!" He screamed before being attacked by Echo. As we started driving away I screamed echo's name. 

"Just hold on back there." Claire yelled before screaming. Looking back at the door I saw the raptors chasing us. Looking at each other I stood up before grabbing Zach's other arm to keep me from falling while I tried to shut the door. Going over a bump I fell into a air tank making it fall. Quickly thinking I pushed it out at the raptors.

Looking back at the brothers I saw gray grab a shocker. 

"Turn it on!" He yelled passing it to Zach. Once he failed to do so I took it from him and quickly turned it on. Just in time i turned and shocked the raptor that had jumped at us. Having her fall to the ground.

"Sorry. Delta." I said as I did so.

"You guys okay?" Claire asked.

"Did you see that?" Zach asked Claire.

"I can't wait to tell mom!" Gray said.

"Please do not tell your mom." Claire panicked. Hearing Owens engine I snapped my head to the door before telling his name along with Zach and Gray. Smiling at him as he passed.

~~~~~~~~~~
Almost done with the story so please comment some requests for another!~E