Chapter 6*

Walking away from the boys I sat down biting my tongue trying not to scream. Which mostly failed because when I was bending down I made a not so quiet sound.

"Delilah?" Gray asked

"Yeah." I said pulling my knees to my chest and resting my head on them.

"What's wrong?" He asked worried.

"Nothing." I said a little to quickly.

"It didn't sound like nothing." Zach said taking a step closer.

"Really it's nothing. Just finish the jeep so we can go." I said trying to deflect the subject back to the jeep. But before I had time to react Zach was behind me looking at my back.

"Oh god. Delilah why didn't you say anything?" Zach asked lifting my shirt to get a better look at the scratch. Causing me to flinch.

"When it happened we where running and then the adrenaline kicked in and I forgot about it." I said backing from his touch. 

"Why didn't you tell us when it started hurting." Gray said looking at my back.

"I know the area and I have survival skills. You guys don't. You have a family to get back to. I need to get you out of harms way." I said tearing up looking Zach in the eye.

"What about your family?" Gray asked. 

"My parents are dead. The only family I have left is my godfather, Owen." I said in tears not noticing that my accent was fully noticeable.

"He's your someone. So we need to clean you up so you can see him again." Gray said with a smile. Which made a smile appear on my face a swell.

"Okay." I said with a nod.

"Just one problem how are we going to do that." Zach said walking in front of me. With a giggle I reached beside me and opened my bag. Fishing through my stuff I grabbed my first aid. "With this." I said holding the well filled first aid.

"One problem I have know idea how to do that."Zach said pointing at it.

"Me either." Gray said.

"I'll show you." I retorted. "Alright gray go over there." I said.

"Why" He questioned. 

"Because there will be blood and stuff I don't want you to see." I said. With that he ran and sat behind one of the jeeps.

(A/N: I don't know if this should be a warning but it does get kind of medical here. Nothing bad just a lack of a shirt and some blood and injury talk.)

Moving my hair to the side I lifted my shirt over my head. With the help of Zach it didn't hurt that bad.

"Okay what does it look like?" I asked Zach so I knew what he should do.

"It's bloody. Some scratches." He said.

"I know that but is there glass in it." I told him. "Um. Yeah." 

"Okay open the first aid. Grab a gauze and some tweezers. When you do pat they gauze gently to clean the blood then pick all the glass out." I said bending forward so he had more space on my back.

"Uhh." He said once I heard him get the supplies.

"What." I questioned.

"Your bra is kind of in the way." He whispered like it was a secret.

"Then move it. Gosh it's no secret girls wear bras." I sassed. With that he slowly moved and unclasped the strap.

After a few painful minutes of me grinding my teeth he declared he was finished.

"Okay. Now get the brown bottle. And pour it on the scratch to clean it." I gritted.

"This is peroxide. Won't it hurt." Zach asked.

"Like hell." I said. With that he poured it over the wound. Screaming I buried my face into my flannel that I had unwrapped around my waist. Tears blinding my vision I started shaking from the pain. Even with my face covered it didn't muffle the scream that much. Through the scrams I could hear Zach apologizing profusely.

"Now wipe the bubbles away and but the antibacterial gel in it." I said moving my head to the side. 

"Okay." He said once he was finished. 

"Now all we have to do it wrap it with gauze." I told him sitting straight and holding my shirt to my chest. Once he had access he started wrapping it around my torso.

"Thanks." I said. Throwing my tank top back on.

"No problem. Let's just not do it again." He said offering me his hand. Which I took. Pulling me up he reached his hand that wasn't still holding mine and wipe a stray tear away.

"Wasn't so bad was it?" He said with a smile.

"No it felt like I was rolling on marshmallows. Of course it was bad." I sassed with my accent clearer than glass. Laughing he moved my bangs to the side.

"Now let's fix this jeep shall we." I said shoving my stuff in my bag and dragging Zach to the vehicle.

We ended up having to go back the the ceased cart to look at its battery. Zach was struggling to get the cube out of its compartment. 

"Dang is this thing super glued?" Zach asks more to himself than us. Laughing a little I reached down and grabbed my survival knife from my boot.

"Move it buttercup." I said slipping my knife in a crevice and "magically" pop it out.  "That's how it's done." I say tossing the box to Zach before returning my knife to it rightful spot. To that gray laughed and Zach smiled.

"Think it's out there?" Zach asked after we heard a twig snap. Seeing Gray become scared I nudged Zach in the side. "You know I know for a fact that it's definitely not out there. Alright. Totally safe." Zach quickly recovered

"Here. Protect this. Your stronger than me." Zach said passing the battery to Gray. Smiling at the two I started to walk back.

"Come on let's go." I said patting Gray on the shoulder as I passed him.

Returning back to the garage Zach set of to work on the jeep. Mid way through he took his jacket off. Which I'm not complaining because dang that boy has some guns. But I was so rudely interrupted by the distraction himself.

"Screwdriver?" Zach asked. Being the tool passer I gave him just that. Once doing so I walked my bag to but in the jeep. When I did pick it up I heard a crinkle. Opening the bag I was greeted with my favorite snacks.

"Yes!" I fist bumped the air.

"What?" Gray asked.

"I have food!" I said excitedly. Grabbing the popcorn and gummy bears and showing the brothers. Smiling at each other I shoved the gummies back in my bag I grabbed the water that was sitting in there also. Jumping in the jeep I opened the bag of popcorn and shoved a handful in my mouth. Gulping down water after. Grabbing another handful I passed the bag to Gray.
"Zach catch!" I said tossing a piece at him. Which he caught in his mouth. Laughing I gave him some popcorn and water. 

Once the bag was empty and the water half gone. We set off to work again.

"Alright turn it over." Zach said after a twist of a wrench. Doing as told Gray brought the jeep to life. 

"Whoop!" I cheered.

"It works!" Gray said. Shutting the hood gray scooted so Zach could drive. Taking a seat in the back I made sure I have my things.

"I thought you failed your driving test." Gray said buckling up.

"Only the driving part." Zach returned.

"WHAT! LET ME DRIVE! I screeched as Zach shot away from the garage. Leaving his jacket and an empty bag of popcorn.

~~~~~~