Breathless Part 12

You felt pain strike through you. As if you were hit by a truck and every part of your body ached. The words echoed in your head, as everything seemed to spin and close in around you.
Jensen reached for you, his eyes welled with tears.
"Y/N." He whispered. "I'm so sor-"
"It's fine. I-I'M actually happy for you!" You forced out as silent tears streamed down your cheeks.
The lump in your throat grew, making it unbearable to even swallow.
You took in a deep breath, and forced a smile. It took every strength in you to walk away. To let go. Without a single word, you pushed past him and made your way to your car. Your eyes were blurred from the tears, as you whimpered silently to yourself.
Your chest tightened and you couldn't focus on anything but the pain you felt.
Jensen clenched his jaw. Not knowing what to do. He belonged to Danneel. But his heart still longed for you. He was torn.
His phone goes off, interrupting his thoughts.
"Hello?" He exhaled. Trying not to break down.
"Hey babe." Danneel muttered.
Listening to her voice made his stomach twist and churn as the images flooded his mind. He couldn't keep you off his mind and it made him hate himself even more.
"Jensen. You there?" She asked.
He cleared his throat, and wiped his tears. Taking in a deep breath. "Y-yeah. I'm here. Sorry what were you saying?"
And though he tried so much to focus on her, he couldn't.
------------
(Danneel & Jensen's story)
He stared endlessly at his phone. Waiting and hoping for you to call back. Its been two weeks since you pushed him out of your life, and not once did he hear from you. Even though he called everyday. He wrote you, sent you texts, and even had Jared try calling you, and nothing.
He was lost. The love of his life was gone. Slipping out from his grip and he didn't know how to function without you. Never in his life has he ever met anyone who made him feel the way you did.
"Hey, whats up J? You seem a little out of it during that scene." Danneel asked.
Jensen cleared his throat and shoved his phone into his pocket as he met her gaze. "Sorry. I'm just exhausted." He forced a smile, hoping she'd believe him.
Danneel stared intently at him for a moment. Her eye brows furrowing as she pursed her lips. "Uh huh." She mumbled. "I've known you for a while now. Come on, spill it. Whats wrong?"
As much as he didn't want to discuss this with her, he needed to talk to someone before it drove him crazy.
He let out a soft sigh. "She left me."
Danneel was taken back. "What? A-are you serious? Just couple weeks ago, weren't you looking at rings?"
He nodded, feeling as if his heart dropped to the pit of his stomach. "I don't know what to do. She wont answer my calls. She wont pick up."
Jensen couldn't handle it. All the stress from the accident, to losing you and finding out about the miscarriage. It was all too much for him. He was finally breaking. Not knowing hot to control his emotions.
Tears streamed his freckled cheeks as he tried to breathe.
Danneel was hurt seeing him this way. Seeing how torn up and broken he was. She knew how he felt about you. Everyone did.
She pulled him in and made soft circles on his back. "It's okay. It will all be okay."
He felt pathetic. Weak even as he continued to whimper in to her. Tears staining her shirt. He was a mess. A little part of him died and not a day went by that he never thought of you.
"I don't get it. I thought she loved me." His voice shook.
"J, She did love you. She still does. I know she does."
He took in a deep breath, a sharp pain striking across his chest, and his throat throbbing. "Then why did she leave?"
She pulled away, and met his gaze. "I don't know." She whispered.
They stared intently at one another, no words were spoken. Jensen closed the distance between them, and pressed his lips to hers.
Breathing her in. She tasted of something sweet, and it made him want more.
"I-I'm so sorry." He whispered.
She blinked her eyes, her lips slowly curving up. "It's okay J." And in that moment, their lips were molded as one.
---------
"I cant believe you're actually moving!" Gen muttered as she and Tom sat at your kitchen table, eating Pizza.
"Yea, its going to be hard. Leaving this place." You looked around your half packed apartment, feeling sad as memories of your past 5 years flooded your mind.
"But you're going to love NYC!" She exclaimed. "It's so beautiful and the weather is pretty great. I just wish you weren't moving so far away from me." Her voice shook and you could tell she was about to cry.
Tom wrapped his tiny arms around her and slowly patted her back. "It's okay mommy. I love you."
You and Gen both chuckled. "I love you too baby."
"Yeah, I'm with bug on this one. I love you Gen. And no matter where I'm at, I will always be here for you." You got up and walked over to her. Placing a hand on her growing belly. "Plus, I wouldn't miss seeing this cutie grow up for anything."
It was a funny story. Both Gen and Jared had no planning of this, but they certainly weren't playing it safe. They found out they were welcoming a new baby boy 2 months after Tom's birthday party.
Gen wiped her tears and chuckled. "Good! Or else I'd have to kick your ass."
"Okay Ruby!" You both laughed simultaneously.
You weren't leaving for another week, and yet, you missed her already.
Tom decided to throw the plate on his head, and run around the kitchen. Making you laugh as you watched him giggle.
They were everything to you. And it still amazed you that even though you and Jensen weren't together, it didn't stop them from being in your life.
"I have to go pick up Jared's suit for the weddin-" She paused and stared at you, eyes wide as she realized what she was about to say.
You still weren't over the fact that the love of your life was about to marry someone else. And as much as you wish you could forget it, it was inevitable.
"It's fine. I'm okay. I promise." You said. And in a way you were. "Is he excited?"
Gen flashed a soft smile. She knew how you felt about it all, but she also knew that if you pretended it wasn't happening, you would never get over him. "Yea. They all are."
You nodded. Though things didn't work out for you, you knew it was for the best.
"I'm glad."
---------------
(1 week Later : Jensen and Danneel's wedding.)
The courtyard of the hotel was crowded. With friends and family of both the bride and the groom. Jensen sat in the Grooms room, feeling nervous and anxious all at the same time. His heart was pounding profusely as his palms sweat.
"Nervous?" Jared muttered, interrupting his thoughts.
Jensen chuckled and nodded. "Is it that obvious?"
"Eh." Jared shrugged his shoulders. "Yea."
Both the boys laughed as they sat alone, waiting for time to pass by. Taking a swig of their beer, something to calm their nerves.
"Don't sweat it J. Youre going to do great." Jared exclaimed.
"Yeah. I know. Thanks brother." Jensen exhaled.
There was something in the back of his mind. Not sure as to what, but he felt something was off. As if something were missing. He couldn't help but think it was just his nerves, or even the alcohol. Whatever it was, it made him even more anxious.
You on the other hand were finishing packing the rest of your things. The music blasted, and you danced around the apartment. Forgetting what today was. Until you pulled out a picture from your closet. The one where you and Jensen stayed up all night with whipped cream all over each others face.
You sat on the floor, as memories hit you like a wave crashing into the sand. It was all a blur. You could remember the way he made you feel, the way he smiled every time you talked about whatever it was you loved. You remembered the time and effort it took him to make the picnic. You remembered him staring at you at the convention. The night it started it all. You remembered right there and then, you fell in love.
Tears broke through the seal, and fell. Flowing down your cheeks as your breathing became heavy. It was like a movie with different emotions and images all hitting you at once.
You looked at your calender, and felt your heart dropped as you looked at the date.
"Shit." You whispered. You pulled on your shoes, and slipped out of the apartment.
Back at the ceremony, it was time for the guys to take their places. "Ready?" Jared asked.
Jensen took in a deep breath. "Ready."
You could feel the air fill your lungs as you pushed your legs to run as fast as you could. Your heart was beating rapidly and your breathing grew harsh. Your legs felt heavy as you continued to run through the streets. Feeling your stomach churn as you hoped you weren't too late.
You dialed for Jensen's phone, still pushing yourself. "Answer. PLEASE!" You huffed out.
Jensen made his way down the aisle, little did he know, his phone was silently vibrating in his pocket.
"Hey its Jensen, Leave a messag-"
You pursed your lips and let out a soft grunt. "Shit!" You exhaled.
Jared and Jensen waited patiently at the end of the aisle. His palms still sweaty as he couldn't focus on one thought. Something felt off and he couldn't shake it. Until he saw her.
There she stood, her hair gently laying over her shoulders as she slowly started making her way down to him. He could feel a knot form in his throat and his stomach begin to churn.
You continued running through the city. Pushing people out of the way, forcing yourself not to stop until you were there. You knew this was going to be nothing but a mistake, but if you didn't say anything. If you let him marry her without trying one last time, you were going to lose him forever. And you didn't want to live your life wondering "What if." You needed to know.
"Please don't be too late!" You yelped, feeling your eyes welled with tears.