Breathless Part 13

(3 days before the wedding)
The rain hit against your window, echoing around the apartment. It was soothing.
You sat on the couch, watching your favorite show, with a cup of hot chocolate in your hands. You felt at ease.
There was a knock at the door, making you jolt in your seat.
You slowly tiptoed over to the door, unaware of who it might be.
"Jared?" You exhaled.
His lips curved up and he let out a soft chuckle.
"Hey, uh can I-"
"Y-yeah sure. Come in." You smiled, confused as to why he was here in the first place.
Jared searched around the room. This was his first time at your apartment.
Though it was pretty empty, just a few more boxes and some furniture, he was still surprised.
"Want a beer?" You asked, capturing his attention.
He snapped his gaze back to you and shook his head. "Sure." He exhaled, walking over to your couch.
"So what's up? I thought you were at the wedding recital tonight?" You asked, handing over the beer.
"Yeah, it ended early." He said. "Something about Danneels brother? I'm not sure." He took a swig of his beer, as you did as well.
He gazed around you apartment, and it was making you nervous.
"So are you going to tell me why you're here or should we play 20 questions?" You chuckled.
Jared took in a deep breath. He wasn't one to get in the middle of people, but he couldn't keep his mouth shut on this any longer.
"Look, you and I have been friends for a little while. And my wife loves you like you were her own sister. I just-" he paused and met your gaze. "Last weekend, at Toms birthday party, I saw you and him kissing."
You swallowed hard and your body began to grow numb.
"You still love him, don't you?"
"I-I don't-"
He propped up on his feet and chugged his beer as quickly as possible. "I don't know what happened between you two. You both were so great together. Happy even. Jensen is a brother to me, and never have I seen him so happy when he was with you. But I also never seen him so hurt when you left."
Your eyes welled with tears and you felt your stomach churn.
"Danneel, she's a great girl. But-" he took in a deep breath. "But i know You and J have something special."
You opened your mouth to speak, but no words came out, only a soft whimper.
"You two are great for each other. And I know that-"
"Jared stop. Please." Your voice slightly shook. "He's marrying her. He loves her."
"But he loves you more. I know it. He doesn't look at her the way he looks at you. He doesn't smile the way you made him smile. Yeah sure, he loves Danneel but he's in love with you."
His words stole your breath. Making your chest tighten. "Jared I-he. We can't do this. He's getting everything he deserves. a beautiful wife. A family when they are ready. I can't give him that."
Jared stared intently at you and pursed his lips. "Y/N, just think about it okay? Before it's too late. Don't let this chance slip out from under you."
You nodded, though you knew you weren't going to give it another thought.
"I got to go. Gen is at home with Tom. I should go help her before she goes crazy." He chuckled.
You let out a soft sigh and nodded.
Jared pulled you in for a hug. Embracing you in his arms.
"I love you kiddo." He pressed his lips to your head before slipping out of your apartment.
Your mind was swirling with different emotions.
------
You forced your legs to move faster as time was passing by. You were just a block away from the hotel.
Your breathing was heavy as you continued to make your way.
Jensen could feel his heart pounding as Danneel took a step closer to him. Her eyes puffed from all the crying.
Jared on the other couldn't help but glance at the clock, hoping you'd show up before it was too late. But he couldn't wait any longer.
"J, can i-can I talk to you please?" He whispered.
"I'm kind of in the middle of something." Jensen muttered.
"I know, but this is important." His voice was low. "It's about Y/N."
Jensen opened his mouth, but was interrupted as Danneel reached his side.
"Hi." She smiled.
"Hey." He exhaled, taking her hand.
You finally made your way to the door. Standing idle as you tried to level your breathing.
"Come on Y/N, you can do this." You whispered to yourself.
You slowly crept the door open. A voice echoed through the halls you stood in.
"Jensen, repeat after me. I Jensen, will-" The pastor stopped as the noise of the door interrupted him. Capturing his, and everyone's attention.
All eyes were on you, including Jensen's. You wanted nothing more than to go up to him. To call it off, but you felt it was too late.
His eyes were wide, and he couldnt believe you were standing before there.
You shook your head as tears began to stream down your cheeks. You turned away, and left the altar, as you cried harder with each step.
"Go talk to her." Danneel whispered. Interrupting Jensen's thoughts.
"What?" He asked, furrowing his brows.
"Talk to her. Go."
Jensen cleared his throat and made his way after you. Leaving everyone in confusion.
"Y/N!" Jensen yelled.
You turned on your heels, your heart pounding fast as the familiar voice rung in your ears.
"What're you doing here?" He asked worriedly.
You took in a deep breath and sighed. "I-im sorry. For everything. For hurting you, and leaving you."
Jensen was taken back, not knowing exactly how to handle everything. His mind was swirling and his chest felt as if something extremely heavy weighed on top of him.
"You don't need to be sorry." Jensen muttered.
"But I do! J, I'm still in love with you. I tried not to be but it didn't work. Nothing worked. I want another chance."
His eyes grew wide and his breathing felt heavy and uneven. "Y/N, I-Im getting married." He hesitated.
"I know, and I feel so selfish for doing this, especially after all the crap I put you through. But I love you Jensen." You said, trying to control your whimpers.
"I'm yours. I see that now. You and I, we were something amazing. I was scared J. I was scared to ruin your life. I knew how much you wanted a family and-"
"But you decided to take matters into your own hands and make the decision without talking to me first. Do you know how bad that hurt?"
"I know. I'm sorry. I shouldnt have left. I shouldn't have pushed you out. But I know it was a mistake Jensen. You cant say what we had wasn't strong. I'm yours, all yours. Every part of me, wants only you. What if you were really made for me? What if this is exactly suppose to happen? You and me. J, my entire life, nothing ever made sense, until you came and changed it all. You made me believe that anything can happen. You showed me happiness—You were my better half J. You still are. Every time I see you, I still lose my breath. You leave me Breathless."
Jensen took in a deep breath, as his tears silently fell. His stomach churned and a lump formed in his throat.
"But if you dont want this, if I'm already too late, then I will go. I will leave you alone forever."
He took a step back, His eyes locked on yours.
"Am I too late J?"
Jensen opened his mouth to speak. "Y/N..."