Day 3

AU! Settings Day

"Opia"

Drama I was the worst class Alec had ever taken.

He was senior stuck in a freshmen class because he had neglected to fulfill his fine art credit until now. He wasn't the only one; his best friend had also ended up in the class (only slightly maybe on purpose). Then there was his overachieving sophomore sister, who purposely took the class because she was going through a Broadway phase. The next Idina Menzel, she was not.

All three of them in one class for an hour every day made for an eventful and competitive class, with Izzy trying to outshine Alec, who could do no fault in the eyes of Mr. Thomas.

He'd managed to survive the first three quarters with an A while barely skimming on the participation surface.

But Mr. Thomas was demanding more from Alec and Jace. They nailed the stage combat unit and that was keeping their A. But they failed the Shakespeare unit so the final unit was critical.

"I'd like you two to take lead roles," Mr. Thomas had not-so-subtly demanded. Jace immediately offered to lead the tech crew for their final production of the year, throwing Alec under the bus.

The day of auditions came around and Jace smugly took the tech kids into the scene shop to begin set production while Alec watched from the auditorium seats.

"This year we will be putting on a play written by one of our own: Isabelle Lightwood," Mr. Thomas announced. Isabelle stood up and bowed to her sarcastically applauding classmates.

She made sure to look down at Alec, who was sitting right beside her.

"When did you write a play?" Alec hissed as Mr. Thomas handed out audition packets.

"When you were busy dozing off into space," she grinned. Alec smacked her arm. "You know, you were my inspiration for the lead role. I made sure to let Mr. Thomas know that."

That was not what Alec wanted.

He could screw his audition up as much as he wanted but Mr. Thomas wouldn't be changing his mind.

So Alec got on stage and read his monologue as best as he could.

Jace caught Alec's eye, laughing in the wings, as he read an emotional speech about loss and grief.

What the hell had Isabelle done?

.........

The cast list was read out loud the next day in class, starting with the smaller roles and ending with the leads.

"--and Alexander as our lead, Phillip, and Magnus as his love interest."

Alec repeated Mr. Thomas' words in his mind until he was certain he had said, "his love interest."

Then he turned to his sister.

"You wrote a gay play," Alec said, no question in his mind.

"Of course," Isabelle whispered.

"Did you cast Magnus as the love interest as well?" Alec asked quietly, fury rushing through him.

She giggled.

"Yes," Isabelle said. "This is gonna be so good."

Alec glanced behind him as best as he could to see Magnus, the class hipster, a few rows back, looking Alec directly in the eyes. Alec turned back around.

"I'm going to kill you," Alec seethed.

"Jace likes the play."

"Of course he does," Alec said, rubbing his forehead with his fingers. "Wait, he's read it?"

Piano Days and Other Malec One-ShotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara