A Little Cove in Brazil

The door slamming was an earth-shattering sound.

Magnus sprang to his feet on instinct, yanking the reading glasses off his face. The odds and ends on his desk teetered back and forth.

"Alexander--"

A scream of frustration echoed throughout the house.

"Alec--" Magnus threw open the office door. Alec was sitting on the couch, hunched over. His face was hidden behind his hands, which were sliding down his face.

When his eyes opened they were full of exhaustion.

"What?" Magnus asked.

"You would think Jace would have learned something from Edom. But no! He's still a reckless dumbass who almost got Izzy killed."

"Is she okay?" Magnus asked, hesitantly.

"Would I be here if she wasn't?"

Alec instantly regretted the words, scrunching his face together.

"I'm sorry."

"You're angry. I understand," Magnus said. He crossed the living room, sitting down beside Alec.

Alec closed his eyes as Magnus put an arm around him.

"I'm just tired," Alec said.

"Are you tired of Jace or are you actually tired?" Magnus asked.

Alec looked over at Magnus, who was incredibly close now.

"I suppose it's Jace."

"Do you want to do something tonight?"

Magnus didn't divulge his plans, only telling Alec to pack a little bag of whatever he thought he might need for a night out.

"Give me your hands," Magnus ordered, as they locked the apartment door. Alec obliged. "Now close your eyes."

"No," Alec retorted. "Why?"

"Trust me."

"It's not that I don't trust you," Alec said. "It's that I don't trust you in this moment."

There was one way to close Alec's eyes without his actual consent.

As soon as Alec felt Magnus' lips against his, his eyes shut.

"Now keep them closed."

The air conditioning of the apartment building was replaced with a more natural breeze and the floor beneath them became unsteady.

"Magnus--" Alec started.

"Eyes closed, my love."

Magnus looked around at their new location. Thank God it hadn't changed.

"Okay, open them."

Alec let out a blown away exhale.

"Where are we?"

"Little cove in Brazil. Mundanes can never find it so they can never destroy it."

The two stood on the edge of a crystal pool being fed by a towering waterfall. All around them was rainforest; dense and deadly.

"So who can find this place?"

"Cat and I used to come out here," Magnus sighed. "But no one remembers this place anymore."

"That's sad," Alec mused.

Magnus looked to Alec after standing in silence for a minute.

"We didn't come for the view," Magnus laughed at Alec's slightly bored expression.