Magnus. . . Wayland

"I can be wild," Alec shouted.

Heavy bass thudded with his heart as alcohol raced through his veins.

His sister let out a maniacal laugh, jumping onto the bar, swinging her long legs over the side. Her dress was long and shimmering white tonight and it attracted more attention than her ego needed.

"Please, Alec. You're as wild as that bunch of Shadowhunters over there."

She pointed across the club where two Shadowhunters were leaning against the wall in all back.

Alec wasn't wearing anything much different but the Nephilim wore black like it would never go out of style. Alec wore black because he had failed where Isabelle succeeded in the fashion department.

"What are Nephilim doing here?" Isabelle hissed to her bartender behind her. He was hers because she had been paying salary for about six months and sleeping with him for about three.

He shrugged innocently but Alec knew her red eyes were on fire. His were a pale grey in comparison. She jumped off the bar, striding across the floor. Alec jumped after her, pushing through the crowd of people.

They didn't dare get in Isabelle Lightwood's way. But Alexander was the lesser known of the siblings and much less imposing.

"--doing here?" Isabelle was asking as Alexander put a hand on her shoulder and a smile on his face.

The boys had almost matching eyes-- an unusual golden color. But the one with black hair seemed to be more orange than the blond's yellow. They both seemed to be just barely eighteen.

The orange-eyed kid watched Alexander with a cocky smile.

"We're investigating a series of deaths," the blond said.

"Deaths happen every day," Isabelle said. "Could you be more specific?"

"Can we talk someplace else? Maybe a little quieter?" Blondie asked.

"Isabelle," Alec said, softly. "The office is relatively clean."

Blondie smiled, "Sounds perfect."

Isabelle frowned as a hearing rune suddenly caught both hers and Alec's eyes.

.......

Alec shut the door behind them. Isabelle gestured for the boys to sit in front of the desk. Isabelle sat in the grand mahogany chair behind the desk, as she usually did. Alec paced back and forth behind her.

"So death?" Isabelle asked, folding her hands together, grinning just enough for it to be creepy.

"First," Alec said, jumping in. "What are your names?"

"Magnus." "Jace," they said in unison.

"Jace Wayland," Blondie said, enunciating.

"Magnus--" He hesitated on the last name, "--Wayland."

Jace smiled at his friend. Magnus looked bored.

"And on with murders," Isabelle insisted.

"They've occurred outside your building every night you have a party," Jace said.

"So a serial killer. And his M/O is our parties-- Alec, how exciting!" Isabelle clapped her hands together once. "In case you haven't detected my sarcasm," she continued, now horribly monotone, "I'd like you to stop wasting my time, Nephilim, and get to the point."

"Did anyone stand out as particularly killer-like?" Jace asked.

"Well, some of your kind would say all Downworlders are 'killer-like,'" Isabelle said.