NMMTAD- 5

Two posts in two days! Watty Awards maybe? speak out. hope you like this new part. Not much may happen but the ending is important :)

            Bluebell’s p.o.v.

            Why are you mad? I didn’t do anything wrong!

            “Why were you out on the balcony in the middle of the night?” Dad yelled pacing back and forth in front of where I sat at the kitchen table.

            It was hot inside. I wanted to cool off outside. I shouldn’t have fallen. I have no idea how that happened. You aren’t being fair.

            “You need to be more careful Bluebell. You could have died. You could have broken your neck in that fall.” He was rubbing his temples like he was getting a headache. I was getting a headache from his yelling so I guess he could be giving himself a headache.

            Lower your voice. I signed after taking another bite of toast.

            Basil, Ash, and Cypress were watching with wide eyes as the conversation went on. They had been since it started. Cypress wasn’t even getting mad at Daffodil as our little sister threw cheerios at her head. In truth it was the same questions and answers over and over again. Dad was a broken record today. It was most likely since Mr. Quill had called this morning already. The guy was in a hurry to test us. I of course was excused along with Daffodil who was too young. Mr. Quill wanted us there at noon. Mrs. Quill was making lunch and then they’d start the testing. To me it sounded like some sort of picnic or something. Eat and play games instead of eat and test to see if you’re a supernatural werewolf.

            Right after Mr. Quill called Dad called Grandpa. Even without the phone on speaker AND Dad on the other side of the room we could still hear Grandpa yelling. For an old guy he still had got a set of lungs on him. Though being a werewolf probably helps since he looks fifty instead of seventy-five. The main thing about it was that Grandpa was extremely angry that some other pack may get his grandchildren. Grandpa lost his pack in a war between his pack and three others. The three other packs allied together to get rid of Grandpa’s pack, the Moon Song Pack, since they wanted his territory. Grandpa’s pack almost survived but were outnumbered.

            What was left of Grandpa’s pack became rogues or joined packs far from the old territory. Grandpa lives far from his old territory as well but once he told me his last cabin was built facing his old territory. “I kept it that way for the first five years. Then I tore it all down by hand and rebuilt it looking in the opposite direction. Now instead of looking at the past I look to the future and my new pack.”

            “He says if you’re werewolves he has a right to you in his pack.” Dad said after getting off the phone. “He’s coming here.”

            That was twenty minutes ago. Now he was still taking it out on me by worrying about what could have happened. He and Grandpa are a lot alike that way.

            Dad. Calm down. You need to focus. They will need you. I pointed to the others who looked angry at my comment.

            “We can take care of ourselves!” Cypress cut in yelling. Ash and Basil nodded.

            You need him. You need to think before you speak. I know you three. You will all get yourselves in trouble faster than you can say dead. Dead as in you’ll be dead for disrespecting an alpha. You three need to grow up.