NMMTAD- 25

Bluebell’s P.O.V.

            They wouldn’t find me. There was no way. Would it ever even cross their minds to search for me here? No, it wouldn’t. They’d search the entire planet for me but never find me. The Stone pack would tell them they didn’t even have me. They’d say I probably disappeared into the trees and become a full dryad. No, Mahalia would protest to that, wherever she was. She would tell them I wasn’t in the trees. Then they’d look. Maybe someone would actually think to look here. But then again they avoided this place like the plaque. There was no way they’d look here. It wasn’t possible for me to be here. Yet, here I was. Trapped.

            Troy’s P.O.V.

            “You’re really that stupid pup?” Alpha Cass growled taking a step forward.

            West backed up and stood beside me, a united force against the Stone Pack who still failed to realize we were nearly to their numbers and growing still. “You took my mate.”

            Alpha Cass shifted looking from his beta to his delta quickly. “You leave your territory forever and maybe I’ll give her back. She is very pretty after all. The fact she doesn’t speak is quite appealing.”

            I dug my claws into the ground refusing to move. I could not let him get to me no matter how much his words made me want to lunge for his throat. I’d kill him later. There was no way I was sparing him now. Not after that comment.

            “We will not leave, and you will give me my mate back or I will take her. You have terrorized us for years, unfairly trying to take what is ours. You’ve pushed the borders of more than just our pack to get more territory and taking away from us miles after mile till all are left with nothing but inches of room for whole packs. You attack us without reason. You trespass and break all laws of werewolves to get what you want. I don’t dare count the number of wolves we’ve lost to your merciless assaults. Bluebell isn’t the first mate you’ve stolen either. What gives you the right to do such things? It’s time you’re knocked off your pedestal. All of you need to learn your places. This is truly your last warning. Give back Bluebell and while you’re at it you can give back all the territory you’ve stolen from us, the Moss Pack, the Green Mountain Pack, and the Rushing River Pack. You obliterated Young Tree and Black Blood in the last few weeks alone. There’s nothing you can do to make up for that. You all deserve to die. But here is your last chance. I won’t offer it again.”

            Alpha Cass was still. A rush of wind shook the trees behind them sending moonlight through the open spaces between the branches and spraying light across the sea of fur. Light reflected off dozens of pairs of glittering dark eyes. They flashed and moved with the wind staring with malicious intention at me pack. I shivered under my fur slightly intimidated until I remembered the number of wolves behind me. We couldn’t be beat. The Stone Pack would pay for all they had done, and I would save my mate.  There was no maybe about it.  We would win and take back what was ours.

            Alpha Cass decided in an instant as he sprung from his spot on the line catapulting towards me with surprising velocity for the short distance.  I dodged to the side and West grabbed Cass around the neck sinking in his teeth. Cass howled in pain and the fighting began in full force.  The Stone pack was immediately taken by surprise as the Moon Song pack rose from the shadows and began their assault.  Cass took no notice of this change of circumstance.

            He lashed out at both West and I.  There was no rhyme or reason to his strategy.  He simply fought with pure rage in brute force.  I ducked under him while West attacked from above.  West sunk his teeth into Cass’s back and twisted around to grab his front leg. Another set of teeth grabbed my back leg dragging me away from Cass leaving West to deal with him. I spun letting my back leg get damaged more for the sake of slashing my teeth across the face of the beta of the Stone Pack. There was a certain ferocity that sung in the air and fueled the fires that flung through the air and wet the ground with red flames that cooled in the night. Insignificant red splotches that were added to continuously as teeth met throats and spilled blood of revenge to the earth.