NMMTAD- 16

7 days later

Bluebell’s P.O.V.

            “Bluebell!” Rachel shouted running towards me from across the lawn. I waved and set down the bag of soil I was holding.

            ‘What’s up?’ I signed and she grinned.

            “I understood that! Okay, well I just got off the phone with Troy!” She squealed. I rolled my eyes and waved it off secretly wanting to know exactly what he said word for word. “He said he finally tracked down the old location of Moon Song’s rival pack.” I turned on heel and stared her down making sure she was serious. “I’m completely serious. Just one little problem.”

            I sighed and ran a hand through my hair before remembering it was covering in dirt. Rachel laughed and I joined in silently. ‘What’s the problem?’

            “Well… they’re gone.”

            All amusement and laughter was immediately drained from me. ‘They’re gone?’

            “They moved, apparently the alpha and his sister had a huge fight and the whole pack split in two and moved as far from each other as possible. Now he’s trying to track down the sister’s pack so he can find her brother and then your grandmother.” Rachel jumped up and down hands clapping as if this was something wonderful. “Great huh?”

             I shrugged and asked, ‘How long?’

            “I don’t know. He didn’t say, but I know he’ll be back, and when he gets back he’ll have a loving mate waiting for him.” I threw a clump of dirt at her and she laughed. “I can see it in your eyes. You’re falling for him and he isn’t even here. Something happened before he left, we all know it.”

            I smiled with my back to her and bent down to put some more dirt around some flowers. A wave of the hand made the flowers more vibrant and healthy looking. “That’s really amazing you know.” I looked up to see Rachel looking on in awe. “The garden is looking beautiful. He’s going to love it.”

            I rolled my eye and stood brushing off my hands on my dirt and grass stained jeans. ‘It’s not done yet.’

            “Well I know he’ll be glad to see you’re finally coming to terms with the joining packs even if your grandfather refuses to. The guys are working none stop building add-ons to the pack houses so that Blazing Moon Song can all fit in together. I love that name by the way.” She stroked the petals of a flower softly and smiled. “I have to go. Jonah and I are going out tonight.”

            I nodded continuing to work on my garden and signed, ‘Have fun.’

            “Thanks. If he calls again I’ll tell you. I know you said you don’t want to know what he has to say but I still think you should talk to him… or talk to someone else and have them talk to him or however you talk to people on the phone when-,” I stopped her and smiled.

            ‘I understand. Maybe next time.’

            She nodded and started to walk away. Halfway to the house she turned around and yelled back, “You should just tell him!”

            Confused I signed, ‘Tell him what?’

            She ran off grinning without answering to where Jonah waited. The two were a match made in heaven. Why couldn’t I have something like that? The thought hit me like a ton of bricks and I winced. I did have something like that and I was pushing it away. I had good reason… okay not GOOD reason, but I still had a reason. I wouldn’t be able to accept any of this until I knew for sure my grandmother left with her own reason for pushing away her mate. Grandma and Grandpa were a rare mating. He was a werewolf, and she was a dryad. It shouldn’t have been possible, but Grandma gave up living in the trees to be with my Grandfather.

            Maybe she left because she was upset she left the peace of nature for werewolf war. Maybe she left because dryads and werewolves can’t be mates. Did her love for him fade? Did being a dryad mean that being the mate of a werewolf wasn’t long lasting? I didn’t want to think the latter but all the doubts in my head were enough to make my heart say no to Troy. It would take a miracle for him to pull this off in a month. Though in a few weeks if he still wasn’t back, I couldn’t help but wonder if I’d really leave.

1 weeks, 5 days

Troy’s P.O.V.

            The house looked ancient, I felt my tail twitch and wanted to turn back. The Blood Howl pack was supposed to be the most vicious pack in the world. To hear they’d broken up had been a blessing until I came to one half’s house.

            This pack house belonged to the sister of the once twin alphas that had taken down Moon Song. No one knew how Scarlet Scavenge led her pack or treated other werewolves. Other than her own pack members no one had any interaction with her. She was said to be just as blood thirsty as her brother though. Rogues disappeared onto this land and never came back. She never talked with alphas of the neighboring territories and I’d talked to all of them. No one even knew what she looked like anymore. The Howl Song pack was a big mystery. They kept to themselves and always on their territory.

            I could very well be walking straight to my death. But I had to take the chance that I could get in and out alive and find out about Jackal Scavenge. The mogul werewolf was completely off the radar along with his half of Blood Howl, Blood Claw. I backtracked to their border lines and sat on the other side of the border. I’d left a good trail for them to follow and hopefully they’d come to me. Going right up to their front door without permission would be incredibly dangerous.

            I didn’t have to wait long. A flash of white to my right caught my attention followed by a flash of golden fur. A hue wolf nearly my size, obviously the beta appeared in front of me teeth bared and glistening in the little light. What surprised me was this white wolf was a she-wolf. She-wolves never got that big even at high positions. Behind her came a golden she-wolf and then a brown and black spotted one. The golden one was covered in scars and the spotted one was incredibly small like an adolescent.

            “What do you want?” The white wolf growled. The golden and spotted wolves growled as well hair bristling on the back of their necks.

            “I’m Alpha Quill of the Blazing Fire pack up north. I need to speak to your alpha.”

            “About what?”

            “About the location of her brother.”

            All three wolves stopped growling at once and exchanged glances. The white wolf gave me a look of pity and nodded. “Follow us, but if you try anything then we will kill you without hesitation.”

            I nodded and followed beside the white wolf paying close attention to the following wolves to make sure they didn’t attack me from behind. The white wolf howled a light turned on in the highest room of the house. I gulped and shifted along with the other three and waited to be led to meet Alpha Scavenge.