NMMTAD-17

Troy’s P.O.V.

            The white wolf, Wisteria, led the way through the dim lit halls of blacked out windows and high ceilings. The golden wolf covered in scars kept throwing me glares and growled every time I looked anywhere but straight ahead. The spotted wolf, Callie, bounced along beside me asking questions about my pack.

            “So are you really an alpha?” She asked gaining a loud hush from Wisteria.

            I nodded smiling down at her. “Yup, Alpha of Blazing Fire, soon to be the Blazing Moon Song pack.”

            Wisteria looked back at me in surprise and then scowled at me. “You’re joining with another pack? Is that why you are here?”

            I nodded. “Yes, I need to find your alpha’s brother in order to sort out a few problems he caused that is keeping my pack from being complete.”

            “What sort of problems?” Regina growled sounding like she could care less.

            I looked back to her where she followed behind and she growled. I turned forward quickly not wanting to start a fight with any of Howl Song’s members on their territory. “A problem of mates.”

            Wisteria laughed and gave me a wicked glance. “I hope you aren’t looking for your mate in Blood Storm. You won’t find her.”

            Confusion put aside for the moment I answered, “I’m not looking for my mate. I already found her. I’m looking for her trust.”

            “How do you find trust?” Callie asked staring up at me in wonder. I laughed and could have sworn Regina giggled. Callie was about ten or eleven, to young to usually be on a run around the territory. Their pack must be low on members. 

         “It’s not about finding her trust its about finding someone to prove she should trust me.”

            Wisteria gave me a look and laughed, “You think you’re going to find this person in the Blood Claw pack?”

            I nodded and she scoffed. “Good luck with that. You haven’t got a chance.”

            “Yeah,” Regina put in. “Even if you can find this person, the pack will tear you to pieces before you can.”

            “I think I can handle myself against the Blood Claw pack. Besides, if I can’t find who I’m looking for by the end of the month I have no reason to go back anyways.” I sighed remembering my deadline. I’d been gone a week and a half leaving me about two weeks which didn’t seem like a lot of time at the moment.

            “You truly think the person you’re looking for is in my brother’s pack?” A whispering voice asked. A cold wind wrapped the words around me and I shivered meeting the cold amber gaze of Scarlet Scavenge. Tall and thin she swayed like a ghostly pale tree in the wind. A hand of skeletal fingers mimicking the rest of her body extended to me. The blood red color on her nails matched her hair.

            I shook her hand nodding in respect as she did the same to me. “Yes, I believe she is.”

            Scarlet raised a delicate brow seeming to both question and mock me at the same time with the movement. “She? You’re looking for a female to win your mate’s trust in Blood Claw?”

            “I feel like I’m missing a really good joke,” I said good naturedly as the three she-wolves behind me laughed loudly.

            “Except for a few females lacking any dignity, Blood Claw is an all male pack, just as we are a mostly female pack.” Scarlet’s eyes dared me to challenge her.