Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

There was a moment of pause as Layton swallowed his mouthful, and put his fork down. He pushed me away slightly, so there was a gap between us – he liked me dead in the eye. His face was as blank as it always was; unreadable, he had the look mastered.

"What did you say?" he asked, calmly. His green eyes piercing my face with a look of pure concentration. I swallowed deeply, hoping I wasn't making a mistake.

"I love you" I whispered, biting my bottom lip nervously. At my words, Layton's face lit up. I got that gorgeous smile I loved – the one I dreamed about getting. I chuckled slightly, relieved, before I smiled with him.

Tight, and almost aggressively, he gripped the back of my head and forced my head towards his. The kiss was hot and passionate, and I felt my entire body lit up at the touch of our lips. Growling slightly, Layton lifted me up and set me down so I was straddling him. Instantly, my hands went around his neck, and I deepened the kiss.

Layton pulled back slightly, grinning again. "Say it again" he growled playfully.

"I love you, Layton Vetteriano" I giggled, and he growled again. Snarling in a frisky manner, as we kissed again. Our lips battled, as our bodies pressed up together, and my hands gripped into his hair. I moaned breathlessly, as he picked me up and walked out the kitchen.

My lips were Layton's focus, and he was concentrating so much that he tripped slightly and we tumbled onto the couch. I giggled as I fell on top of Layton's, and he laughed with me. It was the first time I had heard him laugh – it was a deep, husky, sound that made me grin brightly. "I love you" I said again, and then we were kissing again.

Most of the night I spent in Layton's arm – not just making love, but kissing and cuddling. We ended up on the lounge floor, with a blanket over us. We didn't get back from the police station until one in the morning, so it was close to five am when we finally stopped making love.

Layton just continued to kiss me and want more, not that I complained any. Every now and again he would growl at me to 'say it again', and I would and we would have sex. When I finally told Layton I was too tired to go again, he groaned in annoyance but understood.

"It's late" I commented.

"It's early" he replied, and I chuckled slightly through a yawn. I rested my head on his chest, pulling the couch blanket closer around me. "Say it again" he growled. I chuckled, as I turned to look up into his eyes.

"No, because every time I do we end up having sex and I'm exhausted" I chuckled, and Layton smiled softly. He reached up and took a strand of my hair in between his thumb and forefinger, he twirled it softly.

"Layton" I whispered – after a while – and he grunted at me to continue. "You haven't said it back to me. That you love me". I frowned slightly, as my mind suddenly became plagued with thoughts of paranoia about his feelings for me.

Layton paused, pouted his lips slightly, before sighing. "I do – feel like that towards you – but I can't say it to you. The words are too painful, maybe one day when I explain my life to you, you will understand why I can't say it. But I do feel those things towards you, but I just can't ever say them out loud".

I smiled sadly, not understanding what he meant. But, I knew that Layton was a complicated man with a complicated past – so, I didn't question it. "Alright, well I love you" I grinned, and he growled playfully. I leant down and pecked his lips.

I woke up to the feel of being lifted from the lounge floor, and when my eyes opened fully I found myself on my bed. Layton was standing next to his closet, doing a shirt up. "Layton" I whispered, sitting up in the bed. He turned to me, and gave me a small smile.